“Classy, welcoming and comfortable”
Review of Vintners Inn

Vintners Inn
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Isle of Palms, South Carolina
“Classy, welcoming and comfortable”
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We spent 2 nights at Vintner's Inn in April and just had a delightful stay. The Inn is set on beautiful grounds, carefully maintained with first class service. This was our first stay and we will definitely go back next time we're in Sonoma Valley to taste some grapes.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank five5s
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2012

This is a really beautiful hotel in a lovely place. Rooms are large and have amazing large comfortable beds with crisp, enticing bed linen!
The buildings are thoughtfully laid out and provide a haven of calm in a great base for exploring the vineyards nearby.
The restaurant was excellent for both dinner and breakfast.
I really hope to go back some day!

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thank you so much. I see you stayed in June of 2011, it's time for a return visit! Sue
Mill Valley, California
Reviewed 1 May 2012

There is no reason to go into detail here. What needs to be said is quite simple. After a few days in Mendocino, my wife and i stopped here for dinner at John Ash and a night stay on our way back to San Francisco. The room was absolutely lovely, it could have easily been in Tuscany.
But what makes this place special is the concierge. What an amazing guy. (I'm embarassed that i can't think of his name right now.)
This place is fairly pricey, but for a special evening, this is a great getaway from the city.
We can't wait to go back

Room Tip: There are no less than great rooms.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eric S
Thank you, I'll pass that on the Jesse! Sue
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Nice place, charming setting although near highway, soacious rooms. Butno coffeemaker in room, no coffee in lobby, you have to go to restaurant next door. And when breakfast is included, you get food free, but mustvstill pay for cofee. Strange...

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank OleTr
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thank you for your review of Vintners Inn especially about our new breakfast policies. We do not provide in-room coffee makers as we currently provide complimentary coffee in each of the atriums from about 6:00 a.m. until noon. I know it must seem strange that we are charging for coffee in the cafe when it's provided in the atriums and lobby. Also I'm assuming you may have been staying with us on a special promotion which provided complimentary breakfasts. Since we've just finished our first month of new breakfast procedures we are reviewing what's working and what's not. In the afternoon, there are two options for coffee, the Front Room at the restaurant during their regular hours or request coffee through the front desk. My apologies if the front desk agent did not know that we could brew a cup for you. Hopefully you'll find another time when you might stay with us and by then our breakfast procedures will be better managed. Thanks for taking the time to give us your feed back. Sue Burnet
San Carlos,CA
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I'll start with the good first. The buildings are designed quite well ,so that you feel tucked away from everything even though you aren't very far from the freeway. The large fountains do a good job of mitigating freeway noise. Our room, an upstairs king with fireplace and balcony, was very nice. I would request it again as it faced vineyards and was quite large. The bed was also comfortable. It was very quiet in the room and we were there on both Sat and Sun. A quiet room is important to me so that's a big plus. The restaurant on site, John Ash, is very good with a nice atmosphere and excellent service. It is expensive though so be aware of that. Breakfast on Mon was served quickly and tasted good. I would also recommend Willie's Wine Bar which is only 5 min away and is excellent. They serve small plates (tapas) and wine flights. There is also a jogging trail that loops around the vineyards. We saw all sorts of animals.

Now for the items that need to be improved. Breakfast on Sun was appallingly slow. It took almost one hour (50 min) to get our food. The server was quite nice and kept refilling our coffee, but after 4 cups I need some food. They obviously need two cooks on Sun morning. We didn't blame the server for this--he still got a good tip--but this needs to be addressed.

The hot tub needs to be serviced. Two jets spurted water all over and the rest barely dribbled out. Also, it either needs a chemical wash or replastering as it is stained and looks dirty although it wasn't dirty. It's very nice to have a hot tub but it needs to be looked at. The coping should be regrouted as well.

The pillows need to be replaced. They are small, flat, and hard. I wished that I had brought my own. That's an easy fix.

There is a mini bar in the room I couldn't open even though it had a key. I wanted to see if I could store a small bottle of water in it but that didn't happen.

I still think this hotel is good value for the money. I really liked the room, the vineyards, and the fountains. It would be great if they could address these other issues as well because the Vintners Inn has the potential to be outstanding. It's perfect for a weekend trip to wine country.

Room Tip: I would recommend an upstairs fireplace room overlooking the vineyards and close to the fountain.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
13 Thank Jan & Kyle S
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor as well as the survey sent directly to me after your recent stay. We do appreciate the feed back in order to keep on top of issues. Again, my apologies for breakfast. It's not really the number of cooks it's the amount of kitchen space. We recently updated our breakfast menu so unfortunately I think your Sunday morning was a combination of a full house and some new items which took longer than expected. Our servers are great and I appreciate your compliments which I will pass on to them. You'll be happy to hear that we've requested several quotes for resurfacing our hot tub. Hopefully the next time you visit it'll have received its face lift. Feather pillows aren't for everyone so guests can request foam pillows. We truly want our guests to have an exceptional stay. Special requests are always taken seriously and we do our best to accommodate you. Just give me a call prior to your next stay. Thank you. Sue Burnet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Rosa
35.2 km away
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa
17.3 km away
Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort

Been to Vintners Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK