“The Good and the Bad”
Review of Vintners Inn

Vintners Inn
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I'll start with the good first. The buildings are designed quite well ,so that you feel tucked away from everything even though you aren't very far from the freeway. The large fountains do a good job of mitigating freeway noise. Our room, an upstairs king with fireplace and balcony, was very nice. I would request it again as it faced vineyards and was quite large. The bed was also comfortable. It was very quiet in the room and we were there on both Sat and Sun. A quiet room is important to me so that's a big plus. The restaurant on site, John Ash, is very good with a nice atmosphere and excellent service. It is expensive though so be aware of that. Breakfast on Mon was served quickly and tasted good. I would also recommend Willie's Wine Bar which is only 5 min away and is excellent. They serve small plates (tapas) and wine flights. There is also a jogging trail that loops around the vineyards. We saw all sorts of animals.

Now for the items that need to be improved. Breakfast on Sun was appallingly slow. It took almost one hour (50 min) to get our food. The server was quite nice and kept refilling our coffee, but after 4 cups I need some food. They obviously need two cooks on Sun morning. We didn't blame the server for this--he still got a good tip--but this needs to be addressed.

The hot tub needs to be serviced. Two jets spurted water all over and the rest barely dribbled out. Also, it either needs a chemical wash or replastering as it is stained and looks dirty although it wasn't dirty. It's very nice to have a hot tub but it needs to be looked at. The coping should be regrouted as well.

The pillows need to be replaced. They are small, flat, and hard. I wished that I had brought my own. That's an easy fix.

There is a mini bar in the room I couldn't open even though it had a key. I wanted to see if I could store a small bottle of water in it but that didn't happen.

I still think this hotel is good value for the money. I really liked the room, the vineyards, and the fountains. It would be great if they could address these other issues as well because the Vintners Inn has the potential to be outstanding. It's perfect for a weekend trip to wine country.

Room Tip: I would recommend an upstairs fireplace room overlooking the vineyards and close to the fountain.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Jan & Kyle S
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor as well as the survey sent directly to me after your recent stay. We do appreciate the feed back in order to keep on top of issues. Again, my apologies for breakfast. It's not really the number of cooks it's the amount of kitchen space. We recently updated our breakfast menu so unfortunately I think your Sunday morning was a combination of a full house and some new items which took longer than expected. Our servers are great and I appreciate your compliments which I will pass on to them. You'll be happy to hear that we've requested several quotes for resurfacing our hot tub. Hopefully the next time you visit it'll have received its face lift. Feather pillows aren't for everyone so guests can request foam pillows. We truly want our guests to have an exceptional stay. Special requests are always taken seriously and we do our best to accommodate you. Just give me a call prior to your next stay. Thank you. Sue Burnet

Reviewed 17 April 2012

We honeymooned at the Vintners Inn and had a wonderful time. The grounds were perfectly maintained, the setting was romantic and the rooms were plush. I loved the space and the patio. John Ash was delicious and our massage at the spa was heavenly. We had a little bit of an issue with sound transmission from the room next door...but that is easily overlooked when they are delivering a cookie to you every evening when they turn down the bed. Lovely.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

I booked this as a package for my husbands birthday. I think he was a bit sceptical, but as soon as we drove in it was apparent that he was delighted! The rooms are comfortable, clean and well appointed. The views of the vineyard from our pation were lovely. The gardens of tulips were everywhere!! It was truly breathtaking! Dinner at John Ash was romantic & delicious. My husband was so "over the top" on Vintners that he is contacting the Event Planner to see if he can book his companies Annual Summit Meeting here! Need I say more?!

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Delightful. The French countryside in the surrounding vineyards, charming balconies, French doors, and burbling fountain (which drowns out any noise). Outstanding and accommodating staff, spacious rooms. Wonderful meals and decor in John Ash & Co. restaurant. Walking into softly lit and fireplaced breakfast room from the plum-blossomed courtyard was a joy.
And, oh yea, clean and comfortable!

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Our first time at Vintners Inn and we felt right at home. Everyone at the Inn and at John Ash Restaurant helped make our stay one to remember. We checked in early and received the information on the Wine tasting trip so took advantage of the day.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2012

Thank you - the last few reviews have been so nice, we really appreciate hearing from our guests. Of course I always share them with the front desk staff which then gives them a sense of pride that they helped make your stay a special one. We look forward to greeting you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Rosa
Hotel La Rose
#3 of 24 in Santa Rosa
35.2 km away
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa

Been to Vintners Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK