“Beautiful 100-Year-Old Hotel, Wonderful Italian Restaurant!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Glen Tavern Inn

Glen Tavern Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Santa Paula
Ventura, CA
“Beautiful 100-Year-Old Hotel, Wonderful Italian Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

I had been looking for someplace special to take my husband for his 50th birthday. Imagine my delight when I discovered The Glen Tavern Inn in quaint Santa Paula. A perfect weekend getaway from where we live in L.A. I was able to book a large, airy room that actor John Wayne had once stayed in. The perfect surprise for my hubby who happens to be a huge John Wayne fan. Our room had a gorgeous view of the hotel's front lawn and quaint Mill Street beyond.

I must also mention the hotel's amazing restaurant, Enzo's. Our meal and the service were fantastic! Inside of Enzo's is The Houdini Lounge (Harry Houdini is also a former guest!). I had a martini concoction called "The Tavern Temptress" while my husband chose "The Steve McQueen" (ALSO a former celebrity guest at the Glen Tavern!!!). Okay, so maybe we're movie nerds, but I think anyone would be impressed by this place and the amazing people who have visited it in the past.

Great value, excellent service and beautiful, old-fashioned surroundings. I would highly recommend this lovely old hotel to anyone who has the good sense to appreciate history, Hollywood or otherwise. We will most definitely go back!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ventura, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

The Glen Tavern Inn is truly a magical place. The hotel and staff are all top notch. My wife and I had a marvelous time. It was like being transported to an earlier time when service and hospitality meant something. The staff went out of their way to make our stay special in every way. The hotel itself is amazing- a gem from an earlier time. We can't wait to make another trip to Santa Paula to stay at this one of a kind hotel. A+ all the way!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great in their own way!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

Came her and none of my outlets in the room worked told the desk he gave me an extension cord which fell apart and exposed hot wires when I unplugged it I told the desk he gave me another cord then my dads room was in the same condition the pool isn't there when I said its listed with one he shrugged his shoulders and said sorry and went back behind the desk his partner moved us to another room the phone was broke the tub didn't drain and the shower was like a pressure washer I said something he replied with and attitude ok what do u want me to do I said fix it I'm paying for a room he said yeah ill look into it and when I checked in I had to walk through someone's wedding party to check in and had to listen to Spanish music all night from the section 8 apts right next door will never stay or recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank hondaz28
Ventura, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

I had my wedding at the Glen Tavern and just can't imagine where the negative reviews are coming from! The staff is amazing and on top of everything. My event ran perfectly. The hotel itself is old, but very charming. It was clean and quaint. The hotel staff was welcoming and friendly and all my guests that stayed at the Inn were very happy with their stay! We, the bride and groom, stayed in the penthouse suite and were very satisfied with the room. It is very modern, so maybe lacking a bit of the charm the rest of the hotel offers, but it was a very nice stay!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

I live in West Hollywood, and a friend of mine told me about this place. I am in my early 20's, and work in the city so I wanted to get away to a quiet place near Ojai, but not in the hot canyon. I drove up with my friends who love historical places.

From the moment I walked in I was greeted by the attentive staff. The smell of the italian restaurant filled the lobby and I've never seen such a beautiful place before. It is lovely! The room we stayed in was very spacious, and had a huge jacuzzi tub. We stayed there for 2 nights, and during the day would take hikes and yoga classes up in Ojai. And grabbed lunch in Ventura off of California St. All in All, this place is a gem. Very happy I discovered it, and I will sure enough go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a Jacuzzi suite.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
18.9 km away
The Capri
The Capri
#4 of 5 in Ojai

Been to Glen Tavern Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK