Casa del Mar is wonderfully situated looking over the extensive beach at Santa Monica. I had a beautiful room looking straight to the sea, and in an ideal spot to watch the beautiful people (and some not so beautiful) maintaining their fitness regime. However you need to be very careful which room you get. Whilst the hotel may be in a great situation it appears that many of the room have partial sea view at best and some on the ground floor have no view at all. It would be a shame to come somewhere like this and have no view. On the other hand there is potentially a very serious price increment to have room with a view. One of my party was quoted $200 to upgrade their room! And here is the big downside. This hotel has a bit of star factor in a town full of stars so the prices match. A cup of tea and a muffin for breakfast - $27. So if money is no object - make sure you get sea view room and you will have great time. If you are watching the cents you are going to be better off somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa del Mar is located right on the sand in the heart of the Southern California seaside community of Santa Monica, mere steps from the Pacific Ocean on Santa Monica Bay. The hotel is adjacent to the historic Santa Monica Pier, the dynamic Third Street Promenade, Main Street, the elegant shopping and dining areas of Montana Avenue, as well as the gardens, walkways and expansive ocean panoramas of cliff-top Palisades Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Prestigia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Santa Monica
- Casa Del Mar Santa Monica