“SUPER EXPENSIVE AND MARGINAL SERVICE”
Review of Boa Steakhouse

Boa Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Boa Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 733 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Price range: US$ 17 - US$ 80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Ocean Avenue
Description: BOA Steakhouse is a contemporary steakhouse, serving classic steakhouse fare with a twist. Urbanite modern setting where food and service are top notch and the ambiance is relaxed and fashionable. If you do not see the time you would like available online please call the restaurant and speak with a host.
Reviewed 19 June 2018

You cannot beat the location of this restaurant. It is close to the water and close to the pier. We made reservations and were seated promptly. It is super pricey and although not the restaurants fault, it was really loud and annoying. The large party next to us not only took away from our service but our experience. The $88 steak with crab was OK but not the best I have ever had but I think you pay for the location! Would explore other options next time.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Outstanding! Everything you’ve heard about this place is true! My husband ordered the bone-in ribeye and I ordered the petit filet mignon with crab legs. WOW! Everything was expertly prepared, and the service was phenomenal as well. We couldn’t be happier and would return in a heartbeat!

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

My steak was RAW and with many fat around. They apologised and brought me a New one. This was not much better. My woman had a chicken leg with potato puree. This was also dramatic. I payed over 120 dollar for this. Unbelievable. I make a better steak myself for half of the money. I ate a hamburger a bit later because i was very hungry and this was 10 times better. This was a dramatic experience and the worst steak ever. I never write a critical note but now i had too

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

My 7 year old son loves this place. On different occasions he has visited with me and others with his dad. On my first visit, the food was great. We ordered two steaks (which was too much) with the spinach (good) and asparagus (just ok). They sat us outside on Santa Monica and it was ok as it was busy. On our second visit they tried to put as there again, but even with the heaters it was a cold night. The place was not busy at all so I asked for another table. I was upset because my kids are well behaved and they have been to fancier places but Boa staff tried to put us on corners. They offered the table by the restroom and only when I said no, they offered a low table by the bar. Food was again good. So finally we went back as a family with a reservation and for the first time we could sit facing the nice sunset at Ocean Avenue. Bison steak is great and so is the tartare. Do not fear kids, they are the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

We had the eye fillet and the New York cooked medium. Absolutely outstanding tender and tasty. We had 2 sides the sweet potato fries and farmer's market corn, both very tasty.
We ordered 2 glasses of Stray which accompanied the steaks well. Cost USD 165.