As a frequent visitor to the Santa Monica area, I was always curious about this hotel, mostly because of the Eagles' song. For a lengthy visit, I wasn't willing to chance it, but I stayed overnight last week and my curiousity is satisfied. Although the room was clean, and the evening clerk was very helpful that's about the only positive thing I can say. It took me 4 phone calls to even get an emailed confirmation, then the Internet was out for the day I was there. The room was small and unremarkable, and although daytime parking is free, overnight parking is not. There are much better options in the area (most pricier, but others in the same ballpark, esp if using a booking site).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located steps from the beach and from the famous Santa Monica Pier, this world-famous hotel offers complimentary coffee, tea, fruit, WiFi, laundry room, as well as a private beach pathway! Experience the laid back California lifestyle as it should be. Moments from the shopping and dining, Third Street Promenade, Venice and Muscle Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Hotel California reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- California Hotel Santa Monica
- Hotel California Santa Monica
- California Santa Monica