“Best tacos I’ve ever had”
Review of Blue Plate Taco

Blue Plate Taco
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Plate Taco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 733 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Description: We will be closing for renovations from Monday April 23rd - April 26th. We do apologize for the inconvenience. We will reopen doors on Friday April 27th.
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

First of all, this place has the best staff and the location is really nice. Always full and all the guests look happy.
Tried the fish tacos, lobster tacos and the shrimp tacos. I can’t describe how good they all were! The flavours are pure, fresh and it looks as good as it tastes!
Also tried the chips and guacamole, equally good! If you are anywhere near this restaurant please go there. It would be a mistake not to experience the food!!

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

This has been one of the best meal experiences of my life. The food was fantastic and the staff very nice. Dinner arrived very fast too and the location is beautiful. Can highly recommend it!

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Fresh ingredients. Well prepared and a friendly staff. Went there three times in four days while in Santa Monica for a short vacation. Some really diverse choices. Give it try!

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Blue Plate Taco hosts a beautiful view of the nearby Santa Monica Pier and state beach. The patio features heaters and blankets for cooler nights when the sun has set. Our server was attentive and friendly.

I would recommend starting with guacamole and a salsa flight. The salsa flight allows you to try three different housemade salsas of varying heat and flavor. For two people, I’d recommend getting the half size of guacamole as it is perfect for sharing.

The tacos were delicious with fresh ingredients. The steak tacos were my favorite, featuring tender meat, pickled red onions, and soft tacos.

The charred pineapple margarita was the perfect compliment to the meal. I would definitely return to Blue Plate Taco at my next Santa Monica stay.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Incredible experience at Blue Plate Taco. Certainly a must go spot in Santa Monica.
I went with a friend on a busy Saturday afternoon for lunch and even though they were packed, the staff were efficient in getting high quality food in front of us. The vibe of the restaurant was friendly and upbeat and the food very much beat our expectation. AJ made sure we had a great experience and kept everything running smoothly.

I highly recommend the queso! And the drinks were suppose to be something special as well, although I didn't indulge.