“R Grandchildren Love It.....But”

California Pizza Kitchen
Ranked #65 of 709 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Had dinner with two of our grandchildren tonight and the experience was average at best. The highlight was the delicious La Brea Bakery Bread and dipping it into the oil with seasonings that is specially prepared at the restaurant. The Caesar Salad was not good and the waiter forgot to offer the ground pepper with the course......He actually brought the soup, salad, pizza, macaroni and children's pizza at the same time.....would have been far better if he had asked us if we wanted the soup and salad served first. We should have told him how we wanted the courses served, but a little better training by the restaurant would have solved the problem. My granddaughter loved the split pea soup and we tasted it and thought it was good also. Pizza was luke warm and the waiter neglected to ask if we would like red pepper flakes. The waiter was particularly nice.....I blame the service on the training program of the restaurant and the lack of a supervisor covering the room (acting as host). The children's sundaes were very nice, but there was very little chocolate sauce provided on the sundae......but for 99 cents each......who could complain? Total price for the four of us was $55.00. We purchased gift cards at Costco so the actual cost for the four of us was $44....a real bargain. We've done better at this chain in the past so hopefully on a future visit it will be better. Even the best restaurants miss from time to time.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

This restaurant had good food and good service. They pulled tables together for our party of eight and served us quickly!

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

We always eat at these places best thin crust pizza ever
And we had greatest server ever sam thankyou for being so damned good at your job

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Good location, decent venue, good service, fresh and tasty food, however beware of the portions, very big. We shared a mushroom and spinach flatbread and each had a 1/2 California Cobb and couldn't finish it.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

After a couple of beers I just fancied a pizza and I've never tried CPK. I decided on a takeout, but having left my reading glasses behind I was struggling to read the menu- should know better at my age. Anyway, I explained to the young guy at the counter about the sort of toppings I wanted and he got it spot on. I'm not completely sure what I had, but it included chipotle, pepperoni and salad - it was delicious. Incredibly good value at around $13. However, the best thing was the fantastic service. We just don't seem to nail that in the UK.