“Classy atmosphere”
Review of Valentino

Valentino
Reserve with OpenTable
Valentino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 778 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Price range: US$ 41 - US$ 85
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Description: Valentino has been serving some of the best Italian food for 45 years! Also, offering a great wine list, recipient of the Wine Spectator Grand Award since 1981. Also, with several private rooms, it offers a great venue for your next private event.
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Valentino restaurant is old world fine dining in Santa Monica. Though the building exterior is plain vanilla, the inside decor is classy. Have dined there at least half a dozen time. They serve Italian cuisine. Usually will have their tender filet. Wait staff members are attentive. Diners do tend to dress up at Valentino. Elegant decor and soft mood lightings enhance the unhurried atmosphere of yesteryears. Valet parking is available (on site lot). It’s metered parking on the street, free after 6 p.m.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

Just got home from a wonderful meal had at this establishment. Wonderful food, obviously well trained staff serving it. This restaurant was Michelin rated when Michelin’s used to come to Los Angeles. Not sure where these haters are eating, but having Eaten at dozens of Michelin rated restaurants all over the world, I don’t get it.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank westlinn
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our meal and the hospitality at Valentino. We were well looked after by Piero Selvaggio, the owner and Giuseppe, the maître d, who paid us a visit.
The Octopus appetiser and Veal chop for entree were great and the cannelloni and coconut sorbet a great way to finish.
There’s a great wine list to choose from or let them recommend something for you
I can see how this restaurant and chef are the inspiration for the Specialty restaurant, Prego on Crystal cruise lines

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 22 November 2017

When my wife and I lived on the West Side of Los Angeles in the late Seventies, Valentino was a favorite of ours. On our recent visit to Los Angeles, we decided to go there for dinner one evening. Forty years later, it is still in the same location, as we were reminded by Piero Selvaggio, the owner, when we arrived, but the interior arrangement and decor are quite different. One thing that hasn't changed, though, is the excellent Italian cuisine Valentino offers. My wife opted for a salad and the squid ink, seafood filled ravioli, while I started with Caprese followed by grilled lamb chops. Both of our dinners were up to Valentino's consistently high standards. And, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the wine list, one of Valentino's great attractions. While there are many pages of older vintages of many of the world's best wines, there are also many attractive affordable selections as well. We chose a very pleasant Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, which went very nicely with our meals. We will certainly continue to make a habit of dining at Valentino's whenever we find ourselves in Los Angeles.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Wonderful dining experience. Staff was very gracious.. wine was divine! Great wine list.. really extensive and impressive! food was fantastic. I was there with my fiancé, we decided to each have a salad.. we both had the insalata verde ( great choice!) .. we shared the Gnocchi( trying to eat healthier) and shared the Salmon. It was all perfect! Our waiter brought out the salads... split the gnocchi for us as our 2nd course and then brought the salmon out! It was a perfect meal.. of course had a wonderful bottle of wine! And split the cannoli.. it is a favorite there.. and I can see WHY!! Fabulous! I think the ambiance of this place is more like a "date" place.. romantic. Doesn't have a busy buzz to it.. which was perfect for our "date night".. Great experience!

Date of visit: November 2017