1,854 results
All reviews pool area glass of champagne ocean view stylish hotel upon check location is great lobby bar short walk to the beach la area ocean avenue venice beach main street valet parking los angeles casa del mar concierge hip
Reviewed 26 October 2011

A pretty hotel with warm and modern touches. The pool area is nice, and I like that the pools are heated. The staff is really stupid though. They can not help with ANYTHING, and they're so confused.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
laboy70, Manager at Viceroy Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

I am very sorry to hear that you felt our staff was unable to assist you with whatever situation it was you were trying to get help with. I stand behind the 160 employees that deliver exceptional service on a daily basis.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

I've stayed at the Viceroy twice now and couldn't be happier with my new favorite LA hotel. Though I live in Manhattan, I grew up in Los Angeles, so have looked for a hotel I can frequent that feels like it is for locals, and sophisticated travelers rather than tourists- with an element of style to it- though not at the expense of good service. The Viceroy is that perfect hybrid. The hotel is well-staffed, reasonably priced, ideally situated and cool without trying too hard. I love the rooms- the decor, the size is decent, killer views, the pool area, the lobby is clubby but restrained, and unlike some other hotels (Chateau, Standard, etc) no whiff of attitude from the staff or other guests. You won';t be disappointed.

Room Tip: Book an ocean view room. Those facing the pool can be a bit loud at night.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

We are here to please. Thank you for the kind words and look forward to having you back at your new home away from home!

Reviewed 25 October 2011

We walked into the Viceroy for a nice night out and overnight stay in our hometown of LA for my sister's bachelorette party...
And from the minute we got out of the car we were pampered, well-attended to, and made to feel totally relaxed - but in a posh, upscale environment! Wow, maybe you'd think the place is full of snobs...but in fact, the staff is so welcoming and attentive that they put you right at ease in a fantastically hip location!
The rooms were stunning, the food was delicious, the ambiance was perfect! We'll go back every chance we get!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

i am so happy we were able to show you a good time. Please make a point of staying with us again on your next trip to LA!

Reviewed 25 October 2011

The Viceroy is a wonderful hotel -- great location, terrific staff, and extremely comfortable rooms. The staff is very accommodating and helpful with directions and recommendations in the area. The place has a terrific California vibe -- great energy and fun! SE

Room Tip: Wonderful ocean views in many of the rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

I am very pleased to hear you had a great stay and were able to experience our truly helpful staff. Thank you for the post and come see us again soon!

Reviewed 25 October 2011

i recently stayed at the viceroy and decided it was time to write my first online review ever. the staff was incredibly helpful and friendly (i was there for business and they were very helpful with receiving packages, making printouts, and - most importantly - a glass of champagne when i arrived!) the space is great, love the design, location and room/amenities. i'll be back asap - for business or with my family. a great spot.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business