“Nice!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, United Kingdom
“Nice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

We arrived to a friendly greeting and a complimentary upgrade when we mentioned it was our wedding anniversary. The reception staff were all really welcoming and very helpful when it came to making restaurant reservations for us and answering our questions.

The rooms were big, modern and clean and we had an ocean view! They are quite pricey, but we felt that they were worth it.

Only slight (and this is really slight!) issue is that the pool area loses the sun about 4pm so it can get pretty chilly down there and in the hour or so beforehand, everyone tries to shuffle their sunbeds up to the sunny patch - and there aren't really enough beds/ room to allow for everyone to sunbathe.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank belulu
, Guest Services Supervisor at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Belulu, Thank you so much for staying with us on your Wedding Anniversary! We are thrilled that we were able to make your special day an even more special day. The guest service agents have the mind set of going above and beyond for each guest to make them know how truly valued they are and I’m glad you they were able to do this with you. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (719)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Riyadh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed for eight nights. It is ourageously expensive. Rooms are very comfy big and clean. The rooms of partial ocean view barely view the ocean. We had two rooms for eight nights which came up to a big buck and they didn't offer any complimentaries. Other places thank you with a fruit basket and cookies! Parking is addtional 30 per night.

Tip: check hotels like Georgian, OceaView, Holiday inn. They Are all in the same location and save you a big bunch.
Tip: check vacation rentals. They are really nice and good location too. You save alot especially if you are a group of four or more and staying for more than four nights. We wish we knew that earlier.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank EscapeFromRiyad
, Director of Guest Services at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
EscapeFromRiyad,
Thank you for your review. We are extremely proud of the feedback and accolades we have received in our first year and regret you had a less than excellent experience with us. We have a team of experiences and passionate hoteliers we take immense pride in providing a personable guest experience and memory. As we continue to gain our amenities we have ensured we are priced accordingly with the other upscale fellow 4 and 5 star hotels in the city. We look forward to gaining our pool bar service as well our restaurant Blue Plate Taco in the very near future and I have contacted your account to have you experience our property after the openings. Thank you once again for your feedback.
mit
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

We stayed at the Shore Hotel from 26th May to 28th May. Initial contact to make reservation was fantastic. Bobby the manager was so helpful, thanks Bobby. He couldn't have done anymore for us. On arrival we were welcomed by all the front desk staff. After a long flight from Australia with two young children we were eager to check in even though it was only early in the morning. The room we had booked wasn't available but we were offered a better room for a small charge extra. We were fine with this. The room was spacious and very clean. The kids were excited with the view of the pool and beach. The lack of restaurant didn't bother us as everything was so close. We could walk to the beach, third st promenade, public transport etc. If I had one complaint (it is minor) it would be on checkout the lady processing my card at reception must have had problems and it declined on the first try. She didn't tell me this and she started putting thru small amounts of $100 this flagged my bank who then froze my card. I then had to find a phone card to call the bank as it was an international bank. This was painful and time consuming. If I had of been offered use of the hotel phone would have made it easier. I then had on going dramas with the card throughout my holiday and on returning home had to cancel the card. I guess this sort of problem could be solved by better training on the front desk and not putting through small amounts. I don't blame the girl on the desk she obviously didn't know. It put a dampner on my holiday at times though. Aside from this we didn't have any complaints. We would definitely stay again

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank leannru
Leannru, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I will definitely pass along your praises to Bobby Cooley and the front desk. Bobby definitely represents our ‘Anything… Everything’ slogan. Also I’m thrilled we were able to check you in early. We try our best to accommodate any special requests from guests, and I am glad we were able to do so with you and your family. Lastly, I apologize for any inconvenience you had during check out. I know each bank and credit card companies have different policies and I’m sorry we triggered something with yours. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!
Red Bank, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel with my six-year old son. The staff couldn't have been more accomodating or friendly especially Randall. He pleasantly offered to pick-up a late night dinner for my son as we arrived late in the evening. We had a a full size balcony which was absolutely wonderful for reading the morning paper while my son was sleeping. The hotel is ultra modern and has a cool "South Beach" atmosphere. Currently, there is no restaurant located in the hotel although they plan on opening one in the near future with Mexican fare. There are numerous places to eat around the surrounding area. The hotel is not directly located on the oceanside, but offers water views from select rooms. That being said it is conveniently located across the street from the Santa Monica pier, and a 5 minute walk to the shops and restaurants at the Third Street Promenade.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Alexis N
, Director of Guest Services at Shore Hotel, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Amnnj,
Thank you for your review and for choosing Shore Hotel during your visit to Santa Monica from New Jersey. Our Shore brand slogan is, “Anything…Everything…Your escape is our passion.” All of our employees inherit this accommodating attitude in every interaction we have during the guest experience here and I am pleased Randall was able to help you with your late night dinner. I will be sure to pass along your praise to him and our entire team. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future as we continue to gain our amenities and Blue Plate Taco in late July and thank you once again for your review!
Reading,Berks, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

This is by no means a bad hotel, in fact its quite good, but its no where near as luxurious as they would seem to suggest.(and charge you for!)

- the bathroom is too small
- the balcony if you have one is too small
- the pool area is too small
- the rooms are too small
- the lobby is very functional not luxurious
- there is no restaurant, bar or pool bar (soon to be a restaurant)
- are those really queen beds?
- some of the rooms are out the back across a bridge

It is modern, service was good and it is a good location but overall I left feeling that I had been ripped off (paid for luxury and got just about good) so I can't give it anymore than average.

... and what is the glass wall between the toilet/shower and the bedroom area all about. Maybe it might be nice when you are in the first throws of love - but there is no way I really want to see my partner sitting on the toilet, wiping their bottom or having a shower while I am relaxing! Good job there is a pricacy screen!

Room Tip: Sea view with Balcony worth it if you are on the 3rd Floor.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank woodchal
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your kind words regarding our passionate staff and our central location during your stay with us. All of our 164 rooms do have a balcony and privacy screen that lowers to ensure privacy between areas and our rooms per square footage are amongst the largest in the city. We look forward to our grand opening in the very near future which will add pool service and our restaurant Blue Plate Taco which is set to open at the end of July.

We aim to create an excellent uniquely personable guest experience second to none, subsequently we will never be satisfied with an average stay. I have contacted your account so that we can host you after these openings. I am hugely confident we will be able to instill the value and satisfaction with our product you deserve during your next stay and thank you once again for your review.