“very just OK”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Cross street: Broadway
Transit: The Big Blue Bus and Rapid line both have drop offs in front of the Santa Monica Place at the corner of 4th Street and Broadway.
Reviewed 8 October 2014

We did not enjoy the latin-asian fusion food at all. Very strange flavor combinations that just didn't work. Food is a one star, but here's an extra one for the beautiful open air decor and setting.

Reviewed 27 September 2014

Enjoyed a nice dinner with friends here based on taking the unlimited small plate option with drinks for $49 ahead. This was a really nice way to go enabling us to try nearly all the dishes with unlimited good beers, wines a fun cocktails to boot. Some good dishes but nothing out of the ordinary compared to a wagamamas or similar in the uk. Rated it 3 stars and average as a good fun restaurant worth checking out.

Reviewed 25 September 2014

Zengo is an urban-sophisticated Latin-Asian restaurant with mid-range price points. It specializes in tapas meant for the table to taste and share, with its weekend brunch special offering unlimited small plates + bottomless mimosas for $40/person.

Any desire I could want for from a Sunday brunch was appeased with my visit here.

An assortment of palatable menu options and plenty of champagne. Outdoor seating overlooking a beautiful and bustling area on my favorite side of town. A vivacious atmosphere, complete with upbeat music spun by a live DJ, cool & quick servers, and plenty of sunshine pouring in. The icing on the cake: having 5 of my gals there to indulge in all the exquisiteness.

Zengo’s California location is situated on the corner of the third story rooftop at Santa Monica Place, the beautiful outdoor mall that lives only steps away from the beach. SoCal’s nearly flawless weather makes almost any day a great day to dine here. Our partially shaded table in the back right corner allowed us to enjoy the sun, the afternoon’s cool breeze, and the kaleidoscopic view of the Promenade below. Table parties are given a two hour limit to enjoy its brunch menu without limits, which was the perfect amount of time for us to fill up on food and drinks with no shortage of chatter or laughter.

We definitely took advantage of the bottomless, trying just about everything offered on the menu. I taste-tested the aromatic, well-presented cuisine, appreciating all of the zesty flavor that Zengo’s renowned chef is known for. My favorite plates were definitely the Grilled Achiote Salmon, Housemade Meatballs, and Pan Dulce. Yo. So, so good!

Our server was on the ball. He kept our glasses filled, he brought our plates out within a few minutes, he remained patient with the 6 of us and our multiplied requests. I mean, we really went for it -- our table stayed loaded. I started off with a couple glasses of traditional OJ mimosas, but then I switched it up by deciding to try out the restaurant’s lychee bellini. This was a very new spin on the brunch staple for me, but I enjoyed it! It tasted like a lighter, less sweet version. Mango mimosas were also offered on the cocktail list. We cheerily kept the refills flowing.

It was truly a feel good brunch from start to finish. No, it actually felt fantastic. Maybe it was the rooftop -- I have an affinity for those. Maybe it was the mimosas. Maybe it was the beauty of the day, or of having both my long time best friends and a couple of my new friends vibing wonderfully all together in my new homebase. Well, I’m positive it was all of the above. I want my friends back so we can do it all over again.

Zengo is a great place to combine a brunch+beach day on the west side of LA. I’d most definitely recommend checking it out!

www.peachesbeachesandurbanistas.com

Reviewed 18 September 2014

My husband and I had a deal voucher for Zengo and was quite satisfied with our experience. Although it's a tapas restaurant, their portions were generous enough. I would suggest you request an outdoor seat - LOTS of people watching. When you arrive, you take an elevator up to the restaurant. I think they need a better sign indicating you need to take the elevator up because we passed the restaurant trying to figure out how to get inside. Once inside, you'll love it. They also have a very cool glass firepit which is probably very cool during chilly California nights. Overall, we were pleased with the service, atmosphere and food.

Reviewed 14 September 2014

Wandering with 2 sets of families in santa monica looking for a place to eat and happened on this place onto of the smo mall.
Very warm welcome and seated inside on a long table.Freindly waiter explained the fusion style menu and recommended sharing which we did.
The food came out at nice stages(not all at once) and it was delicious!.
smartly presented and well portioned so that we can sample quite few different ones.
All also at a reasonable price.Would definitely recommend it.