“small portions, tough meat. definately not worth the price”
Review of Barbecue Land

Barbecue Land
Ranked #134 of 244 Restaurants in Santa Maria
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 7 March 2017

first time visit. I drove by this place many times, and decided to try for take out. I ordered the tri-tip and 3 rib combo with coleslaw and potato salad. Bad idea. for your $15 you get MAYBE 8 oz of meat total. the tri-tip was tasty but very tough and the 3 slices you could fit in a sardine can. same with the ribs, the 3 ribs were approximately the size of a cigarette pack. I should have taken pictures to show the small size of both meat selections. the cole salw was good, it tasted fresh but it was maybe a tablespoon of it. same with potato salad, fresh but tiny amount. I would have thought for $15 there would be enough for a decent meal. Not.

they have inside seating but it is a counter-order style. more fast food type than I was expecting.

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

Good food at a good price, but if your expecting some mind blowing Food network experience, buy a plane ticket to Memphis.

Hoever, if your looking for good food and a good environment to watch mnf or a basketball game, BBQ Land is your place.

I've been going here for years and would recommend it to anyone. I was looking at some of the reviews on here and some people need to calm down, your not in the south eating bbq, your in Santa Maria.

Reviewed 1 October 2016

It is just a fast food kind of bbq place.
Food was ok. With some asian influence.
The interior could use some remodeling.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

We gave the place a try as the manager where we were staying recommended the place. We went with the Sandwich Specials, the wife with Tri-Tip and Pulled Pork for me. The sides were a bit better than the sandwiches and there was plenty of seating.
It was worth the price...

Reviewed 6 January 2016

My daughter handed me some Barbecued ribs one night and they were the most delicious ribs that I have ever tasted. She said they came from Barbecue Land on South Broadway. I have been driving by that restaurant for years and never knew the Heaven inside that awaited me.