“Family restaurant with good food”

The Garden Mediterranean Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 255 Restaurants in Santa Maria
Reviewed 17 March 2018

We enjoyed this sit down restaurant and the food especially the falafel was the best. I also recommend the baklava. The owner was very nice and came several times to excuse himself for moving our table twice because of a big table that took all the space.

The cons : I had to ask for the pitas that normally come with the hummus and for the rice that normally comes with the platters, otherwise I would not have gotten them. Also they don't have mint tea which in a Mediterranean restaurant is a must.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Lunch at the Garden restaurant is a taste treat! Today I had the chicken kebob sandwich and couldn’t have been more pleased! The chicken was seasoned beautifully, and wrapped, along with sliced veggies in a house made flat bread. It had a tangy yogurt sauce for dipping or spreading. My husband had the beef kebob sandwich and was equally pleased.He, after tasting mine, said the chicken was better. They have wonderful salads and a soup or two... We finished our lunch with house made baklava that was heavenly! I would go just for the baklava! Prices are fair, surroundings are attractive, real tablecloths and cloth napkins,service is friendly .This was my second visit. I plan to return soon. They do
have a limited wine menu and not a very big range of wine prices.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Most Mediterranean restaurants I run into are low-end: Good food, but efficient, rather than inviting, atmosphere. This place has very pleasant atmosphere indoors plus a nice outdoor patio. The food was a bit different from what I usually expect at a restaurant of this sort. Since there are so many countries that have this sort of food as part of their national cuisine, I'm guessing that this is from a country whose cuisine I haven't run into before. The kebabs were rather bland, but the garlic sauce that comes with them pepped them up nicely. The falafel was very light inside, not like any I've had before. On the whole, a very pleasant experience.

Date of visit: February 2018