“HUGE SANITATION ISSUES”

L & L Hawaiian Barbecue
Ranked #252 of 406 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I eat at this L&L location maybe a dozen times a year (usually when I'm working in the neighborhood). It's always been okay and certainly affordable.
Today will probably be my last time. The establishment has clearly taken a dive! Trash from their dumpster and cans is all over the parking lot. The cement ramp to the front door is almost completely black with grime. The two cooks were visibly eating when I placed my order. AND there was dried up, gross, food chunks left on the garden window seat ledge where I sat.
Sanitation is a serious issue!... Where the health inspector when you need him?!?!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 9 April 2018

Loved the pineapple inspired menu and dishes. Food was casual, tasty and much like you'd find on a Honolulu beach. Well worth a visit

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

I love this place for a quick meal or shaved ice. Today we just came for a quick snack because it was very hot. We ended up getting sa shaved ice and it was very good.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 23 May 2017

All the traditional Hawaiian Favorites. Who doesn't like a good LocoMoco? I get tired of the same old food everywhere I go. This is a great change.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Did not like this place at all. The burger patty in my Moco Loco was very processed and clearly frozen. They cut corners and put the food in a paper to go container instead of plastic to save money. The gravy soaked the container to the point where it barely held up through the meal. The topper was using the rest room and seeing a sign that told you not to flush toilet paper down the toilet. That shocked me. If I had seen that before I had eaten I would have cancelled my order and left.

Date of visit: February 2017