“Big Portions For the Combo Meals”
Review of Taqueria Michoacan

Taqueria Michoacan
Ranked #118 of 406 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 12
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 22 September 2018

Came here on a recommendation from another local in Santa Cruz. The Mexican food at Taqueria Michoacan is great. Came for lunch and ordered the two taco combination meal, which comes with Mexican rice and refried beans with cheese. I chose one chorizo taco and one asada taco, All of the food was delicious and huge portions too.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Immense burritos (my fault for choosing the ‘super’ one!) which are good value, working on the Santa Cruz scale of things. I ordered to take away, and service was swift and the food hot and fresh. Recommended for those with healthy appetites!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed nearby at a vacation rental and would walk by all the time. At our first visit we ate a variety of tacos and enjoyed in particular the shrimp tacos. Well seasoned and fresh shrimp. The kids loved the fries.

On one walk by, after some time at the beach, my son ordered a burrito which I helped myself to. It melted in my mouth and was extremely delicious. That prompted us to have a family burrito meal a few days later.

The physical premises are simple and low key but the food and people are top class. It’s like you are invited to enjoy a family’s secret burrito recipe.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Good solid food, decent price & excellent service. It's a must anytime I come to 'my beach.'
I usually get the tamales. Lunch specials are generous portions.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Authentic Mexican food. The location is primarily takeout, but it does have some seating. The parking is limited, but the 6-7 times I was there I always found a spot in the front or the back. This is a favorite of mine, because my daughter and her family are vegan. They do lunch and dinner and have all of the standard entrees: tacos, enchiladas, chimichangas etc. Everything is very good and the prices are reasonable. I usually have the enchiladas with rice and beans and usually can't finish. Leftovers are even better the next day.

Date of visit: July 2017