All reviews great location worked great walking distance to the boardwalk cereal frig curtains
Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

We stayed here overnight on our way to LA from San Francisco. Its a 2 min walk to the boardwalk (the kids had heaps of fun!) The rooms & bathroom were clean & spacious. The owners of this establishment were fantastic & went above & beyond to help our family out. Our son has a intellectual learning disability & he left his very special stuffed animal there (for those of you interested his name is Rattles, the stuffed animal, not our son!), we unfortunately didn't realize this until we arrived in Santa Barbara, the owners couldn't investigate until the next day (we had a really rough night) as there were people in there but as soon as they could they checked the room, spoke to the maids & thankfully found Rattles & we then had him sent by courier to us in LA. I can never thank them enough & if you would like to stay somewhere where staff actually care for their guests then stay at the Aqua Breeze Inn.

Date of stay: January 2016
Reviewed 25 October 2015

Aqua Breeze is a couple of minutes from the board walk and beach and 15 minute walk to the centre of down town. Everyone was super helpful. It is very clean and comfortable. There is no coffee in room but you can get from reception from 8 till 10am. The wifi was very good. A good choice budget hotel in the beach area.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2015

If I was rating the staff it would be 5 stars all the way. They were all nice, friendly, and helpful. This place is a total dump! I can't believe we paid $70! The room was small, clean but small. The air conditioner was technically working, but it was not cooling the room down one bit, and there was no way to direct the air, so it just blew straight up. The curtains were falling apart, and had a tiny little bathroom. The shower did not drain AT ALL, and while the bathroom looked to be recently renovated, they used granite tile on the floor. When granite is wet, it is EXTREMELY SLIPPERY! The location of this motel is amazing, directly across the street from the Boardwalk. It has the potential to be great, but it completely misses the mark. They advertised free breakfast, well all they had was one loaf of bread, cheerios, and corn flakes. There was NO MILK, nothing to put on the bread, no toaster for the bread, NOTHING. I gave this place a 2 because the staff was great, and the room was cleaned well. Those are the only positives. AVOID THIS PLACE!

Room tip: Do not stay here
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Disneysue
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Stopped at this motel for an overnight stay and got a room at a pretty decent price. The location is great if you are visiting the boardwalk or the wharf; I loved that I could leave my vehicle parked and walk there. The room was nice and clean and the WiFi was good. My only complaint would be that it is a little bit noisy but it wasn't too bad when the people around went to sleep, and I've been in worse places. The noise level was pretty standard for any motel I have been to. I loved the murals painted on the walls outside.

Date of stay: September 2015
2  Thank Erthryn
Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

The nice couple at the front put my mind at ease. This area isn't the best, but it's location to the Boardwalk is perfect. However, things turned after we got back to our room when we returned from a day at the Boardwalk. The people next door had a full on party, smoking, drinking, yelling and inviting all kinds of people. Including a guy we saw being followed by security on the pier earlier in the day. They publicly turned in for the night around 1am. Before this, I tried calling the front desk a dozen times, wondering if I was hitting the wrong button. The phones are just old phones, nothing on them even says "Front Desk". My kids were terrified, and refused to sleep in the back room of our suite. The bed in that room was older (very old and uncomfortable) than the beds in the front, so all 5 of us shared the two queen beds (room 208). The back room has a thin door and you can literally hear every word of the people next door. They half updated the place, newer sheets, newer paint, but some of the furnishings are still from 1970.
I went to the man at the front desk in the morning, expressed my displeasure of him not answering the phone... He goes to the policy that they don't answer the phone after 10!!?? I should have to go downstairs and ring a bell to wake him... Really? This place needs security, period. I'm 37 and this has topped the list of worst hotels so far. The breakfast is a joke, two cereals and coffee, muffins, or poppyseed bread. (I already read this from someone else's review). I still have one more night to go... Wishing we had spent a little more and stayed at the Beach Street Inn and Suites down the road.

Date of stay: August 2015