“This is It!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Don’t miss Lago if you want a great Italian, fun dinner. The menu is varied with wonderful pasta dinners, nightly specials and various choices. I had the salmon over a bed of spinach. Good local California wines as well as from Italy. Engage with owner Giovani for a special night.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

Just returned to Lago di Como after a few months. It's tremendous. We had the Caesar Salad and a variety of entrees and everyone enjoy his/her meal. I had one of their special chicken dishes with a chicken breast on polenta, with mushrooms, and it was so damned tasty. It made me understand what flavors a sophisticated chef can blend to make an unbelievable dinner. Other entrees were similarly delicious. We had ice cream with espresso for desert, and that was also lovely. The prices, despite our thirst for wine, were very reasonable. I have to say that as much as I like the competition, this is the best Italian in Santa Cruz.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

As we were approaching the end of our visit to Santa Cruz my wife and I were in the mood for a good Italian dinner. We certainly found one at Lago di Como Ristorante last night.
This small, but vibrant spot was well reviewed on TripAdvisor so we had high hopes. We started with the most delicious burrata appetizer. The burrata was the creamiest and most delicious I think that I have ever eaten. It was accompanied by wonderfully ripe tomatoes and prosciutto. It was so good I didn’t want to see it end.
For entrees we ordered the Spaghetti aglio olio e pepperoncino (my wife) while I ordered the Gnocchi with bolognese sauce. My wife’s dish was an aromatic and wonderfully seasoned delight. My gnocchi were small pasta pillows sent down from heaven.
We’re not usually dessert eaters but we shared and thoroughly enjoyed the whipped mascarpone with shaved chocolate topping.
Throughout the meal I kept repeating to my wife how delighted I was with all aspects of this wonderful dinner. If you are in search of dining wonderment try Lago di Como. You can thank me later.

1  Thank 77Zeke
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We came here for dinner to see what the difference was between lunch and dinner. It was nice. The pizza was thin crust and very authentic. Our pasta dishes were okay. I had a salon cream sauce which was very salty. My husband had another pasta dish and he was happy with. His choice. They didn't have Chicken Parmigiana which is a fab, so we had to get a second choice. The bread is fantastic!

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

We had the risotto with mushrooms and it was superb! Casual place with great food and friendly service. The desserts are great too! I could eat here every week.