“A Delightful Meal”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

As we were approaching the end of our visit to Santa Cruz my wife and I were in the mood for a good Italian dinner. We certainly found one at Lago di Como Ristorante last night.
This small, but vibrant spot was well reviewed on TripAdvisor so we had high hopes. We started with the most delicious burrata appetizer. The burrata was the creamiest and most delicious I think that I have ever eaten. It was accompanied by wonderfully ripe tomatoes and prosciutto. It was so good I didn’t want to see it end.
For entrees we ordered the Spaghetti aglio olio e pepperoncino (my wife) while I ordered the Gnocchi with bolognese sauce. My wife’s dish was an aromatic and wonderfully seasoned delight. My gnocchi were small pasta pillows sent down from heaven.
We’re not usually dessert eaters but we shared and thoroughly enjoyed the whipped mascarpone with shaved chocolate topping.
Throughout the meal I kept repeating to my wife how delighted I was with all aspects of this wonderful dinner. If you are in search of dining wonderment try Lago di Como. You can thank me later.

1  Thank 77Zeke

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We came here for dinner to see what the difference was between lunch and dinner. It was nice. The pizza was thin crust and very authentic. Our pasta dishes were okay. I had a salon cream sauce which was very salty. My husband had another pasta dish and he was happy with. His choice. They didn't have Chicken Parmigiana which is a fab, so we had to get a second choice. The bread is fantastic!

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

We had the risotto with mushrooms and it was superb! Casual place with great food and friendly service. The desserts are great too! I could eat here every week.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We started going here again after a few bad experiences with the service and food well over a year ago. But lately both the service and the pasta dishes and salads had been very good and since the restaurant is walking distance, we were happy to be able to go again. I'm not sure if this is one of those restaurants that just can't take busy weekend nights, but last night, the dishes came at lightning speed--the salads before the appetizers and the appetizer and main courses right on the heels of the salads. Our dinner guest had ordered a medium-rare filet and when it came, we were all surprised to see a very large flat cut of meat (1/2 inch thick at most). In addition, the meat was completely well-done--not even a hint of pink in the center. After some time, our server came (she was very nice but clearly uncomfortable) and took the plate away: in barely minutes she returned with a new piece of meat: this one so large and thin that the steak was folded over on itself (not at all like the tail of a filet but very much like a skirt steak)--and completely raw inside. At this point, we were halfway through our dinner and felt bad for the server--and didn't want to make a scene with our guest who had driven a long way to join us for dinner. So we shared our dinners with our guest and left the server--who apologetically gave us a free dessert--a big tip, but we won't be going back. It's hard to believe that the second steak wasn't more of a reflection of attitude than incompetence but in either case, the quality of the meat and the preparation were totally ridiculous.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Atmosphere and ambience was lovely, food was fantastic! My friend and I split the artichoke ravioli and caprese salad. Our friends with us got a pizza and the salmon and spinach dish, and pasta marinara dish. All were exceptional and everyone was happy with what they ordered. If I am ever in the area again I would definitely come back.