“Great Breakfast in Santa Cruz”

Zachary's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 389 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Zachary's Restaurant offers the quintessential Santa Cruz atmosphere with on Pacific Avenue. Every time we visit Santa Cruz, we find ourselves headed there again and again for a comfortable, relaxed breakfast with fresh, healthy food and genuinely friendly service.

On this trip, we made two visits to Zachary's. I had the Basic Breakfast with eggs over easy on the first morning. It was perfect. On the second visit, I went with the French Toast and a side of chicken apple sausage. Holy cow, it was great!

If you're in Santa Cruz, you definitely need to pay a visit to Zachary's.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

There's a reason that what appears to be half of Santa Cruz at Zachary's each morning. They have great breakfast dishes, large portions, and a real local's atmosphere. No vacation in Santa Cruz is complete without breakfast at Zachary's.

Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

There is a reason why this place gets the consistent high marks for great breakfasts -- great food, large quantities and excellent service. Prices are high but I've paid more and gotten a whole lot less so at the end of the day, you will probably have a good time here. We stopped in at mid morning on a weekday so we didn't experience some of the problems with crowds. Even so, the place was pretty full. I had the Mike's Mess scramble and it was a hugh concoction of eggs, bacon, cheese, potatoes, tomatoes, sour cream, onions. I could only eat a third. My wife had some poached eggs on a roll with bacon and cream sauce. Yummy. Service was friendly and quick.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

This is a solid breakfast place with good portion sizes. I can't speak for the lunches. Everything I had was delicious over the three days I was in town (pancakes, muffins, fruit, omelet, scrambled, sausage [excellent sausage patty!!!]). The prices are at the higher end of the middle market, but well worth it, IMO. I understand the lines go out the door by mid-morning, but coming in before 8 - no problem. Service was a bit rushed a couple of times, but never rude.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

I Really loved the beachy feel and the food was amazing!!!! I was only able to go there for breakfast but boy Am I gonna come back!!!!!