“Great location!”

Ocean Pacific Lodge
Ranked #27 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

We booked Ocean Pacific Lodge for two nights. The room was updated. The employees were courteous. We enkoyed the breakfast especially the waffle maker. We could walk to the Municipal Wharf in less than ten minutes. We enjoyed a short ride to Monterrey and Carmel. We will return to this hotel the next time we visit Santa Cruz.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank LRR123_13
NaomiStensgaard, Manager at Ocean Pacific Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to review Ocean Pacific Lodge. I am delighted your stay was excellent and your vacation a success!

All staff at OPL take your satisfaction seriously and work to provide a stay worth returning for.

I am so happy we succeeded with you! Please visit us again soon!

Naomi, Ocean Pacific Lodge

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Ocean Pacific Lodge

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed on a Monday and chose a suite on the third floor back window to the pool area, nice and clean. Needed a update in the room but very clean a big plus. We travel often and do not always give great reviews however, due to location and hotel we felt that the Ocean Pacific Lodge deserved such a review. Enjoy

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James S

Dear James,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to review Ocean Pacific Lodge. We have recently finished room refurbishing including new beds, new televisions and bathroom updates.
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and feel it suited your needs! OPL is not messing around - we care about our property and our guests and I believe it shows in our happy guests! Please come stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights with two adults two kids. Great pool and spa facility. Comfortable beds with a refrigerator and microwave. Clean room. Easy check in. Short walk less than 10 minutes to Santa Cruz main beach boardwalk.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Alison M

Dear Alison,

I'm doing a little happy dance right now! It's actually more like a happy wiggle since I'm sitting in front of a computer! Our ultimate goal is your satisfaction and comfort and I am so glad we succeeded with your family!

Ocean Pacific Lodge is one of the most convenient spots for exploration of Santa Cruz. The boardwalk in only blocks away and downtown Santa Cruz is a similarly short distance. Our guests can enjoy the quiet location to lay their heads and still be close enough to the action to park your car in our parking lot and leave it right there for the duration of your stay.

Kids will delight in the nearby scream worthy rides and the adults will love the variety of great restaurants, shops and live music!

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 23 October 2016

I was returning to Santa Cruz for a second interview, but the hotel I had stayed in last time was booked up: so I reserved a room at the Ocean Pacific Lodge after shopping around on TripAdvisor. I'm normally wary of motels near the beach, as they tend to get a lot of noisy party types and families. My overnight stay here was very quiet and pleasant, however, possibly because it was off season. I got a room with two queen beds (it was cheaper than a room with a single king bed, go figure) on the ground floor. Room was nicely updated with the vanity and sink in a separate area from the bath and toilet, Keurig coffee maker, refrigerator with a small freezer, microwave and older tube TV with free HBO. (TV provider is DirectTV, so no Bay Area/local channels to check news and local traffic.) Remote was "sticky" and didn't work well: I had to press hard on the buttons to get the channels to change. Room was clean and comfortable, though bathroom was a little worn and dinged on the door and walls. Air conditioning worked really well, which was nice, given that the fall coastal "summer" was in full effect: it hit 80 degrees while I was there. I was really sorry I didn't bring a swimsuit, as there was a spa and swimming pool in the back. Motel is very close to the pier with its many seafood restaurants and the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Exploration Center. I had a nice walk there and checked out the napping sea lions under the pier. Neighborhood is safe and I had no issues with walking by myself, though I did run into a homeless man urinating on the pier. (For all the emphasis on beach tourism, Santa Cruz is a Bay Area city with expensive housing and a number of people who can't afford the rent. Except for downtown, I didn't see that many homeless persons compared to, say, Oakland or Berkeley.)

The free breakfast is carb heavy and basic: cold cereal, muffins and croissants from a local bakery, instant oatmeal, bananas, yogurt, and a waffle iron with a batter dispenser. (Maid was refilling the dispenser when I came in, so I didn't try to make waffles.) Breakfast room is spacious and clean. Staff is friendly and gracious: I got in early and discovered that the room reserved for me was still being cleaned. I was disappointed, as I was hoping to freshen up before my interview and recharge my phone. The young woman behind the counter offered to let me use the restroom next to the pool and gave me a key card, which was very helpful. Caveats: the walls and ceiling on the ground floor rooms are thin. I could hear the people upstairs talking, though they went to bed early, thank goodness. (And I apologize to the people with the baby, who woke up when my alarm went off early in the morning.) Parking spaces are narrow: I was careful to park my Civic between the lines, but the car that parked next to mine later was larger and left only inches between my car and it. To add insult to injury, the owner of that car pushed in my side view mirror, and I had to pull over in traffic to adjust it when I realized it was skewed. Finally: I drove past this motel twice because I was looking for the parking lot entrance on Pacific Avenue. Actually, you have to enter from Center Street, which you turn right on via the traffic circle. All said however, I really enjoyed my stay at this motel and thought I got quite a bit out of my one night there.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank ValleyTraveler916

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to review Ocean Pacific Lodge!

I hope your interview went well and maybe you've now become a Santa Cruzian? I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and will pass on your happy tidings to our staff. OPL does not just say we care about our guests: we really do sincerely believe in the quality of our property and I believe it shows in the happy faces of our guests. We treat each of our guests like the unique individuals they are and we offer our guests impeccable service from first contact to last.

We have done a recent room refurbishing - including new televisions, new beds and updated bathrooms and we continue to focus on improving our property and service each and every day!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

The location is good being a short walk to the beach and Main Street , hotel was very clean and provided an adequate breakfast, we had a ground floor room with Windows facing the street which made it very noisy you you know you have to worry when they supply ear plugs in the room

Stayed: October 2016
2  Thank Pee42

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to review our property. We take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and the care our staff takes in maintaining the hotel and interacting with our guests.

In the event a room is not suitable we are always happy to move you to a room better suited to your needs! We want your stay to be relaxing and stress free and to that end, we prefer to resolve any issues immediately.

Thanks again for staying with us! Please visit again soon!