“Waste of my money”

Original Thai BBQ Restaurant
Ranked #390 of 524 Restaurants in Santa Clarita
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 30 September 2016

Will never go there again...food portions very very small. The side of brown rice I ordered was only 1/2 filled in the container (about 1/2 cup for $2.50-a rip off). Food was bland and low in quality and not much of it. Take out took 25 minutes longer than they quoted over the phone and there was not a customer dining in it when I was waiting there. No atmosphere inside for dining in. Was a waste of money.

Reviewed 17 September 2015 via mobile

I visit Valencia a couple of times a year and have always found it to be a restaurant wasteland overpopulated with fast food restaurants. (Maybe I'm too close to Magic Mountain! )

Thai Barbecue is a notable exception. I ordered spicy eggplant with steamed rice. They easily accommodated my request to add tofu. Food was clearly made fresh for me. Got a mango sticky rice for dessert. It's made for two, but I ate it all and enjoyed every last bite.

Service was good. Very attentive.

Reviewed 25 October 2014 via mobile

Was expecting better quality. Expensive small 2.50 thai tea filled 3/4 with ice... Should have realized something was wrong when it was a Friday night, the Parking lot was literally packed but there was only one table filled in the restaurant...loved the fish tank when you enter but that was the only thing I loved. I ordered Pad Thai to-go, got home and was pretty disappointed. The spongiest tofu I've ever tasted, and in the smallest portions. There was no peanut flavor at ALL. Some weird oil sauce... I would never feel confident going back here or recommending that anyone to go here...

Reviewed 8 February 2013

BBQ wasn't the greatest but service was friendly and fast..Prices were OK..Not a Dinner spot but good for lunch

Reviewed 10 June 2009

GOOD thai food the best in Santa Clarita. I've try many thai places in santa clarita (Thai dishes, thai pepper, siam rice, mom can cook, jasmine) this restaurant is the best restaurant in santa clarita. There is a new restaurant BBQ thai kitchen try to imitate original thai bbq the food is similar but it's not the same. I still like Thai bbq the best, good food no MSG. Good location family style restaurant. Their satay are amazing felt in love with it. Worth the money. There satay are the best u get to try beef, chicken, and pork in one dish. It's amazing the satay taste so so so good. I have their bbq combination dinner it is so worth it it has every thing in one dish (BBQ Chicken, BBQ ribs and satay) I try it and i love it. It's a little bit too much food but left over are always good. I've thai bbq since 3rd street but i felt in love with this dish it has all of my favorite. so excite good thai food close to home and best of all NO MSG. no headache and dry mouth Yeah. So excited