“Good Breakfast, But ...”
Review of Lily's Cafe

Lily's Cafe
Ranked #66 of 523 Restaurants in Santa Clarita
Reviewed 1 November 2017

I went to Lily's for the first time this past week, with friends, and it was good, not great, but good. The atmosphere was nice, and there were a lot of older and retired people there. The only real issues I had were that the breakfast menu was limited, and the prices seemed to be a bit high for what we received, ranging around $9 for the meal, plus the coffee. I'd go again, but I wouldn't be enthused.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

We just had breakfast here, but the portions were good, food flavor and quality great, and the price better! Would eat here again if I find myself traveling near Santa Clarita.

The staff was friendly and helpful as well.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

If you like diner food, this is absoluely the place to go, in particular for breakfast. The portions are large, the coffee is very good and the staff is pleasant. It does get busy on weekends, so there may be a wait..

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

It was a decent meal. My wife had the special, Beef Tips and gravy. I tasted them and they were nice and tender. I had the chicken fried steak which was also tender. The mashed potatoes were almost cold, which was odd. Decent place, not expensive. Interestingly, it's attached to a bowling alley.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We have heard about this place for a couple of years and decided to give it a try. Our first visit we where shocked when we walked in at 1pm and the place was packed! Had no idea it was that popular. Being attached to a bowling alley may help but most everyone was coming from the front door, not the bowling alley door. Even though it is attached to the bowling alley, you could not hear it at all. The table are large and decorations simple. No real theme just felt very comfortable.

After we ordered we were brought a plate of fresh veggies with a small cup of ranch dressing. That was a very nice touch. We had the French dip that was excellent, and chicken salad sandwich which was very good. Service was quick and the staff very friendly.

We went back a couple of weeks later and things were just as busy, maybe even busier because we had to wait for a table to be cleared. Once seated, things changed from last time. Our server didn't come for a long time to take our drink order and then a second person came to take our drink order. Drinks took a very long time to come, then one was not right. We asked for one water with lemon, got the water no lemon. A few minutes later a slice of lemon shows up and is put on the glass. Once we ordered it took forever for the food to come. Again we had the French dip sand which but this time is was dry and too so good. Also had the egg salad sandwich which was excellent. We never did get the fresh veggies but others did. I guess this was not a good day for them. Maybe just too busy for a small place.

Overall, the food was really good. Will give it a try again and hope to have better results. The prices are very reasonable, under $20 for two of us for lunch.