“EXPENSIVE!!”

Larsen's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Larsen's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 523 Restaurants in Santa Clarita
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2016

We went for our anniversary as we had heard a lot of good things about it. No one mentioned the prices though!

We made reservations, but did not need them. The place was only 1/2 full. We were seated immediately. The first thing we noticed, it was dark. There are several booths around the room with round tables in the center. Glad it was not crowded, it might have been noisy. Our server brought the menus right away and we could not read them because it was so dark. However the wine menu had built in backlights! We had to get a flashlight out for some light. We decided on the 1/2 doz oysters on the half shell and bacon wrapped shrimp for appetizers. Both were delicious. The oysters came with two dipping sauces and one of them was a cucumber sauce that was fantastic. The shrimps were very large and my husband loved them. But too much to eat.

We then had the 10oz grass fed filet and the Chilean sea bass. The filet was the most tender we have ever had. And the seabass was perfect. Those two alone would have been enough, but we ordered two sides, sautéed mushrooms and jalapeño mac & cheese. One would have been enough. Mac & Cheese was delicious and mushrooms were, well mushrooms. Would not order again. Actually one entree would have been enough to share. All dishes were large. The meals also came with their homemade sourdough bread that was warm, crust and delicious. We took half home and they gave us another to go.

The total bill including our $90 bottle of champagne was over $300. Most expensive meal we have ever had. It was excellent but worth that much??

1  Thank XK140NUT

Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

I love this place! Especially on a Sunday evening! If you're looking for a casual but classic place for food, drink and piano bar (think 50's ish) this is it. But updated with 2 flat screens showing sports. Great prices and service in the bar. I recommend the happy hour lemon drop, classic martini & house wine. Cheers!

Reviewed 4 May 2016

Pampered ourselves on New Year's Day. The steak that I ordered measured up to all expectations. Not a place that I would frequent - too pricey, but for those special occasions, it is great.

Reviewed 1 May 2016

I figured I'd treat myself to a steak dinner. I wanted grass-fed beef. They have it! I got their dry aged grass fed beef filet mignon. It was absolutely delicious! I loved every morsel. For the price they charged for it, I better have. I also ordered a side of Caesar salad with anchovies (which they charge extra for) AND I ordered a side of caramelized onions (which they charge for). The Caesar was ok. The caramelized onions weren't as caramelized as I like it. My home made ones are much better and waaaaaayyyyy cheaper. Next time I'm only gonna go for the steak, but I need to wait at least 2 years to recover from how much this one cost. It's worth it once in a while. So if you want to treat yourself, just do it!

Reviewed 20 April 2016

I was invited for dinner, so thought I would give this place another try. Disappointed once again. Burger was way under cooked. Like it medium, but have learned to order up at this place, so ordered med. well and explained my concern to the waiter. Burger was just over rare. This place is VERY inconsistent. Nice decor, but hit or miss with the food.