“Tasty Pot Roast, friendly staff, big desserts”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #36 of 523 Restaurants in Santa Clarita
Reviewed 13 June 2017

My wife and I ate here during a driving tour of California in August 2016. The staff were very friendly, and the service was good, as was the food. I had the beef pot roast main course washed down with plenty of lemonade (I was driving). The menu was varied, the prices reasonable and the desserts were large. I was visiting the Magic Mountain amusement park, but ate here instead of in the park and was pleased I did. Would happily eat here again.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Ate breakfast on 3 mornings Eggs Benedict just perfect, poached eggs and creamy hollandaise great smoked salmon, flavoursome. Great latte coffee pancakes with fruit. Staff friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Not too bad a place, but extra slow on a holiday. We had a 1:00 reservation, was seated at 1:05 (great), but waited until 2:00 for our salads. Food is always good there, but service was delayed, possibly staffing error on the holiday.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Every time I visit Mimi's, the service is and the food get worse!
The greeter was very nice and seated us quickly. The server came around promptly and took our drink orders. But then she disappeared for a long time. She brought our drinks and then our bread. It took a very long wait for our entrees to arrive and then the server really disappeared. We probably didn't see her for 20 minutes.
The food was below average and overpriced. What has happened to Mimi's?
We waited another 20 minutes after finishing our meals to request our check. The server was nowhere to been seen!The server in the neighboring section was attentive and friendly. Wish she had been our server!
The last time we were at Mimi's, we had a similar experience with a server. I don't expect to be returning any time soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

I had first noticed a change in the food when I visited the location in Northridge. I just attributed the disappointment in my food to this location and a bad cook. However, I have just been to the location closest to me in Santa Clarita. The outcome was the same. To my dismay, my favorite meal, the corned beef hash Benedict, is no longer up to par. We had been discussing Mimi's with the group of ladies with whom I play cards. They were all in agreement. Mimi's has gone downhill. Once upon a time, my potatoes were richly seasoned with rosemary. Now, the potatoes are very bland with no seasoning whatsoever. My corned beef hash is no longer "hash". It is chunks of corned beef with chunks of potatoes; not the same. I also ordered a dirty martini with gin. I knew it didn't taste quite right. It was "sweeter" than usual. Turns out they made it with vodka, instead of gin. But, since I drank it, I was stuck with it. And normally, when I order a martini, they chill the glass and the drink. This was not the case. I think my days for going to Mimi's are over. My first disappointment was when they stopped serving liver and onions. Now, my favorite breakfast meal is ruined. Such a shame. Mimi's used to be such a nice place to dine