All reviewsbasketball courtfront deskhot tub and fire pitmagic mountainsofa bedmy home away from homestayed here for two nightseach morningthe hotel is conveniently locatedcomplimentary breakfastfast foodroom ratewonderful hotelfamily tripgreat roomwe've stayedparking lot
Reviewed 22 April 2016

I never write a review of a property after only the first of a three night stay, but I was so impressed with this particular Residence Inn that I broke that rule.
With a hotel chain properties tend to blur together - nothing really stands out. As long as the property is fresh, well maintained and comfortable I am happy and will rebook in the future. This property differentiates itself on service.

The night auditor (I regret not having his name) checked us in at 1:30 AM and bent over backwards to be helpful - apologizing that he couldn't meet our request for a first floor room (but saying they could possibly move us in the AM) then going and tracking down a luggage cart for us completely on his own volition. These might seem like small things but in our many years platinum or platinum premier membership that is not the norm. Typically if our room request can't be met no one says anything and I can't remember when a staffer went and got me a luggage cart when he wasn't a bellman. To me it's the thought that counts, and the fact that they acknowledged our request and tried to accommodate it was appreciated.

The king studio we received was in excellent condition and the all important bed was extremely comfortable. The work space was excellent and quite large, there was even a second smaller desk area and a two seater peninsula for dining or whatever. The room, #202 was extremely and blessedly quiet. This studio even had a luggage stand in the closet. That might seem like another small thing but I can most assuredly say that most Residence Inns do not have them, the theory being that you will be there for a long stay, unpack completely and therefore don't need one.

Breakfast at this property was another very pleasant surprise. Residence Inns offer a complementary breakfast. There is a minumum standard of hot and cold items and some properties skirt that edge. We've come across prepackaged processed sliced melon and other fruits; this property had fresh melons, strawberries, blueberries, apples and bananas, all of it was fresh.There were scrambled eggs, turkey Canadian bacon, potato pancakes, breakfast potatoes with peppers and onions - just a very good variety. There was oatmeal with a variety of toppings, even sliced almonds. Low fat yogurts and even what I call yogurt parfaits like you would get at Starbucks with a fresh fruit and granola topping. There was also a selection of breads, cereals and pastries. I am probably leaving things out - but I will tell you I was also surprised to see granola bars and small bottles of water available. The kicker was that the woman working the breakfast area brought me a full size bottle of water. I didn't ask for it, she just graciously brought it to me. Again, this was clearly not the standard at Residence Inns and I have never encountered that before. I am sorry I did not ask for her name.

Javier at the front desk was also exceptional. I went over to ask a question and identified myself. He immediately said he had wanted to call me, but was aware of our late check in and didn't want to disturb. The reason for calling was that he was offering to move us to a ground floor room, all we had to do was leave our packed luggage and staff would transfer us directly to the new room. Again, this was unexpected and exceptional customer service.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Shigeru-Charlie
RIFFISC, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2016

Shigeru-Charlie, Thank you for the wonderful feedback in regards to your recent experience at the Residence Inn Santa Clarita.
We are lucky to have one of the hardest working hotel teams around and it's nice to know their hard work is paying off.
Once again on behalf of our entire team thank you for acknowledging their hard work and your wonderful experience. We look forward to seeing your during your future travels to the Santa Clarita area!

Reviewed 28 March 2016

This hotel is the best hotel in the area which allows for pets. The location is convenient, just off I-5, but very quiet. Since I am a reward member, they gave me a free upgrade to a suite. All the staff were very professional and friendly. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean. Free wifi and free breakfast. Perfect end to a long day.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
RIFFISC, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2016

Cindyaz2016, Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay at the Residence Inn Santa Clairta.
I am glad to hear we were able to exceed your expectations! We pride ourselves on the level of service that we can provide to you. We look forward to seeing you during your future travels to the Santa Clarita area!

Reviewed 16 March 2016

My family and I were vacationing in the LA area and we needed to be in this area for the night. I happen to call in just before I arrived and got lucky with the last room available. I was greeted by a phenomenal host and front desk manager, Tom who quickly and politely checked us in. He went above and beyond to accommodate our requests. The managers reception was great as was the food and service. We slept comfortably and came downstairs for breakfast being served. This isnt your normal hotel room front breakfast and after seeing that my family passed on IHOP and we ate here. Everything was fresh and plentiful. The checkout process was smooth and we were on our way. About 5 hours later my son discovered he left his golf style hat in the room which his grandma had custom made for him a few years back. I called the front desk where Justin and then Josh was able to locate it and get it promptly shipped back home in Dallas. The customer service attitude at this Marriott property is reminiscent of the service I get at a 5 star resort on a Caribbean beach getaway. We were very impressed and highly recommend this Residence Inn over ANY other place to stay in this area.
Robert M

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank TexasAggie9800
RIFFISC, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2016

TexasAggie9800, Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay at the Residence Inn Santa Clarita Valencia.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations.
We are very fortunate to have team members who are willing to go above and beyond to ensure that our guests feel right at home. We pride ourselves on the level of service that we can provide to you! Thank you once again for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay and we look forward to seeing you and your family the next time your in the Santa Clarita area.

Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

Hotel is right off the highway and part of a cluster of hotels and restaurants. There is a pool outside and breakfast/coffee in the lobby. Rooms are big, spacious, and clean with full size fridges. Checked in late and relatively short stay but was quite satisfied

Stayed: February 2016
RIFFISC, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2016

HankW80, Thank you so much for sharing with us about your recent stay. We are glad to here you had a nice stay here with us. We look forward to seeing you soon during your future travels to the area!

Reviewed 21 January 2016 via mobile

Stayed on a Tuesday night while on a business trip. Check-in was a pleasant experience. Clerk was a pleasure to deal with (I didn't catch his name, though).
Room was very clean and the hot water came quickly.
Mgr's Reception was pretty good and attendant kept things going well.
Same for breakfast.
I would definitely come back, if I'm in the area again.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
RIFFISC, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2016

Steve N, Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay at the Residence Inn Santa Clarita!
We pride ourselves on the level of service that we can give to you.