“Shocked at the horrible customer service received at ZPizza”
Review of zpizza - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
zpizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 20 May 2009

I am writing this because I am really disappointed and actually shocked at the service my fiance and I received this evening at the ZPizza on McBean in Valencia. This was our very first visit to ZPizza and we have been meaning to try it for a while. The store closes at 9pm so the open sign was still on when we walked into the store at around 8:45pm. However, we were surprised to find that all the chairs had already been put up on the tables. We approached the register where the girl running the register, who's name is Tina, asked what she could get for us. We were looking around for a menu, other than what is hanging on the wall, since we didn't know how or what to order since, again, this was our first time there. Since we felt very rushed already, I quickly ordered a Tuscan Mushroom pizza, large. Since Tuesday is buy one, get one free day, my fiance quickly ordered a large pizza with bbq chicken and lime chicken. Tina said with a hasty attitude "you want bbq chicken AND lime chicken??" My fiance asked "Yes, can I do that?" Tina stated "yeah, you can do that. You are the one paying for it so you can order whatever you want and if you order more toppings than what comes on a pizza you have to pay for it." I said "ok, I guess that's all and we'll take it to go." Tina replied with a smirk and an attitude again "Uh, yeah, since we are closing really soon". As we moved away from the register to wait for our order, a lady walked in to order. I heard her say to Tina, "sorry, my husband is parking, he'll be right in to order" Tina replied "well we are closing in 5 minutes". I watched as the couple looked around at menus, and were figuring out how and what to order as they got no help from Tina. I went and asked another employee for a take home menu and he gave me one. As I was looking over the menu, I noticed that when you order a pizza, you get to choose your crust. My fiance and I would have both loved whole wheat crust, but were not given that option and had no idea in our rushed service that we even had the option. On my fiance's pizza, I noticed that he also had a choice of sauce and cheese, which he was never given the option for those either. I decided to approach the register again and ask Tina about these options. When I stepped up to the register, a cook pushed 2 pizza boxes into my hand. I took the pizzas and asked for the girl who was working the register. He said he didn't know where she went. Another male employee came to the register and asked "did you not pay yet?" I told him I did and I would just like to talk to the girl who took my order. He went and got her. She came out and said "Yes?" I pointed to the take home menu and said "I have a question. My fiance ordered a build your own pizza and I'm wondering what kind of crust, sauce, and cheese you gave him since I see here there are many options and you didn't ask what he wanted". Tina became VERY angry and snapped back "I gave hime regular cheese and sauce because he didn't ask". I said "yes, but that's because he didn't know he had an option and we were so rushed. Do you not normally ask people what type of cheese and sauce they want?" Tina snapped back "No, not if they don't ask, you were looking at the menu!" I told Tina, "I worked in restaraunts for 10 years, all through high school and college--Tina jumped in yelling "So am I!!" I said "I don't any more because I graduated college 6 years ago but I know that of all the restaraunts I worked in over 10 years, if the open sign is on, then you are open, and you treat the customers the same as if they came in 3 hours before close. You said to me 'Uh yeah, because we are going to close really soon' when I said we would take our pizzas to go and I heard you say almost the same thing to this other couple." Tina, getting very defensive said "I was joking! And that lady comes in here late and does this all the time to me so I made a joke to her and it doesn't bother them!" I asked to speak to her manager and Tina laughed and said "I AM the manager!" I said "Then what is your last name?" Tina said "I'm not going to tell you that!" I said "I know there is someone over you, who is the owner?" Tina said "John" I asked "When does he come in?" Tina said "I don't know!" I said "does he come to the store?" She said "everyday". I asked "What is his contact number?" Tina replied "I can't give you that". I told Tina, "ok, I will be here first thing in the morning". Tina replied, "GOOD! So will I!" My fiance and I took our pizzas and left. I was so shocked and flustered over the service we received, and how I so calmly tried to address Tina, and the jumpiness, defensiveness and voice raising she came at us with. When we got home and opened our pizzas, they were not what we ordered. Instead of a Tuscan Mushroom pizza, we got either a Greek or Mediterranean Pizza and instead of a BBQ and Lime Chicken pizza, we got something with maybe lime chicken, and several other toppings. I am sure the other couple waiting for their pizzas got our order, meaning they too got something other than what they ordered. Also, we ordered large pizzas, and we realized when we got home that they were mediums. Our receipt number is 10137, and the receipt actually says the server was Cory. But Tina was the only person we talked to. Our receipt time actually says 8:45PM and once again, all the chairs were already up on the tables when we walked in.

4  Thank klove33