“Not worthy of a return trip”

Saddle Ranch Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Saddle Ranch Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #392 of 524 Restaurants in Santa Clarita
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We had popped into Saddle Ranch on a Sunday about 1ish for lunch. The place was busy and we were told by the hostess it was a half hour wait although there were plenty of tables. We were about to walk off to check the wait times at the other nearby restaurants when not but a minute later we got buzzed. why would you tell us it’s a half hour wait when it was not even close to a half an hour? They almost lost our business. We were seated right next to the door and hostess stand. I would not recommend sitting there because it was a bit chilly when the door opened. I can only imagine it could be hot as well.

We started off with the spinach artichoke dip and some beverages. All was good food wise until it came to our main meal.

The server recommended the tri tip as their signature dish. I chose the half portion for $17.99. When it arrived it had 4 small pieces of tri tip covered in bbq sauce with a ton of vegetables and mashed potatoes. I was shocked it was a signature dish since the tri tip was lacking major flavor after I scraped off the overpowering bbq sauce. I much rather pay $20 for the tri tip meal at Stonefire Grill that serves 4 people and has amazing flavor.

The service was a bit slow as well. It’s unfortunate our visit was just average since I had high hopes for this new restaurant.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Compared to the other Saddle Ranch locations, the decor here is the same but the ambiance much lower energy. Normally when restaurants open in Santa Clarita, everybody crowds in to check them out and you can expect a long wait to get seated. That is not the case here, it was easy to get in and from 5pm - 7pm on a Wednesday it was not crowded at all. I suspect the reason for this is the crummy service and the ridiculous amount of time it takes to get you food and drink. Appetizers came out in a reasonable time, but the main course took 45 minutes to arrive at our table. When it did arrive, it was all cold. When out server came by to ask how our food was, we started to tell her that it was cold but she literally walked away from our table while we were in mid sentence! Normally when food takes a long time to come out, a manager comes to check on the table, but that never happened either. This was a terrible experience, especially for a meal that was over $150, and Saddle Ranch should be embarrassed that the Valencia location is tarnishing their god name.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Would have given this 4 stars except for the service. We went on a weekday around noon. The place was not busy at all. A few tables inside and outside had customers at them. We had to wait a few minutes for someone to seat us and it got worse from there. Our server came after several minutes to take our drink order. Finally about 5-10 minutes later the drinks arrived. Bloody Mary's. They were very good. Our server did not return for several more minutes after the drinks to take our order. Then the long wait for the food. Finally a different service came out (we were sitting outside) and said "here is the table. This is our head chef serving you" Wow! Dont know why he served us, but we did not see our server again for a few more minutes. He came by to ask if the food was okay. It was very good. We had the Southwest Wrap and the Sausage and Onion Sandwich.

Then we had to wait and wait for the server to return. Finally he did and we asked for a box. After about 5 minutes and no box, we went inside to ask for a box. Shortly the box arrived but not by our server. He finally arrived with the check, which needless to say he did not get a very big tip.

This was truly disappointing as the food was really good. Guess it was just an off day for everyone there.

1  Thank XK140NUT
Reviewed 30 January 2018

My friend and I ate here because the Cheesecake Factory across the way had a 30 minute wait. The Saddle Ranch was about half full. We were seated right away. It was brunch time and they had some drink specials. We opted for burgers and sodas. My burger was great! My friends burger was over cooked. The service was very slow. (Server and Kitchen) When we ordered we asked for a side of mayo. When the food came out, no mayo. The server that delivered the food was asked to bring the mayo and he never returned. Our server was covering other zones and she did not stop by frequently enough to fill drinks or verify that the food was correct (e.g. mayo). We did not mention the overcooked burger (Bad on us) but we did not want to wait for the correction. I was halfway through my burger before the mayo arrived. The restaurant is unique in that you can ride the mechanical bull for $4 and get bottomless mimosa's and bloody mary's for $15. Based on the poor service, we will not be back.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

So atypical Southern California chain restaurant that overdoes the "atmosphere" to attract more customers. Pricey sandwiches and too big for normal appetites. And very typical menu choices. Playing it safe I guess. Ordered the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich which was spicy tasty and good presentation. A person who said he was the Manager introduced himself after ordering, nice touch. Never saw him again though. Our server was attentive and prompt, may be due to the lunch crowd was thin for a Wednesday.