“awesome steak great staff”
Review of Andy's BBQ

Ranked #231 of 474 Restaurants in Santa Clara
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 19 November 2014

I had the New York Steak and it was amazing, soft, tender, juicy, perfectly cooked on the charcoil BBQ. And excellent beer too. The staff was very friendly and welcomed me to stay few minutes more and quietly finish my dinner even if it was already 9pm and they were supposed to shut down.

I went there for two consecutive evenings and look forward to be visiting Santa Clara again!!!!

1  Thank AGall0

Reviewed 30 October 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a burger restaurant and we got here.
There was one choice of burger so we choose it, I don't remember the name of the meal, the girl said it was the only burger choice.
Finally it was not a burger but just the meat with fries and it was not so good:-(

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We started going to Andy's in 2006 and it was great oversized meals that you could not finish, the combo meals of ribs, brisket and sausage were so good, but each time that we have gone back over the last few years the food has got very average, this time the ribs did not fall of the bone and the Cajun sausage was not very spicy, the BBQ sauce doesn't have the kick that I remember and the décor could really do with an update, tired fittings.
You can only rely on your reputation for so long come on guys get back in the game

Reviewed 13 August 2014

For every one who knows me, they know i know what BBQ means! I am recognized a pit master.
So whileon business in the area, driving back to my hotel, saw this Andy's BBQ,and though not hungry (dinner time), decided to give it a try.
No ambiance. No atmosphere. Looks like any fast food chain, but with very very old and used furniture.
The menu is quite limited with 6-7 BBQ platters. Spareribs, beef, pork, Chicken. That's it.
Smoked (too smoked!) garlic bread as an apetizer. It is not free, as part of the platter...
The salad was very common.
So i decided for the Smoked Pork Shoulder (pulled pork).
Say the meat was very tender. That was the minimum.
But i am still looking for the smoke flavor. The meat itself, I mean the pork, was without taste, though the meat wasn't dry. BBQ is one thing, but f the pork is not good at the begining, we cannot imprive it by cooking it...
The BBQ sauce was very acid, and say that any bottle bought at the supermakert would at least equal it.
As a side, took the baked beans. Had one spoon, and left them... aside. Acid. No flavor.
Add a draft beer Sam Adams, for a total of 24.95$.
Really expensive for what it was. Wasn't worth the try.
Sorry. But my review is honnest.

1  Thank Eric L
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I like the barbecue here, but I like Sam's Barbeque better. I just like good barbecue period. If you can't go to Sam's, go here.