All reviews san tomas silicon valley business trip clean rooms front desk staff continental breakfast microwave expressway cereal inns starbucks
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I chose this hotel based on the many 4-5 star reviews on tripadvisor and it's 4.5 star avg rating. I thought it was a good hotel with good customer service but I wasn't entirely thrilled with it either. I think it came down to the hotel being a little worn down -- for example, the carpets in my room weren't very clean. This is a good hotel in an OK location but for the price I paid ($280/night), I don't think I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Michelle N, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear jrabah,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us and for choosing our hotel to stay during your visit to the area. While I am glad that you think we're a good hotel, I am very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations, particularly the appearance of the hotel.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Michelle N | Front Office Manager

Reviewed 12 February 2018

My sister and I spent 2 days here last week. We had a wonderful stay. The mattress was very comfortable. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The room was spotless and smelled very clean. Breakfast was also good. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this Holiday Inn Express again. (I'm picky and seldom give anything a 5, but they truly deserve it!)

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Michelle N, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Hello,

We are so proud that we have made a guest happy. We are so grateful to have you with us as well as knowing that you were able to relaxed & enjoyed your stay with us. We totally appreciate your feedback and we are hoping to see you again in the future. Thank you so much & Have a lovely day!

Regards,
Merasol S
Manager on Duty.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

It is OK for an occasional stay before a meeting and it is nice that it is located on To Camino Real, but frankly there are better options in the same price range in that area. Free parking and free breakfast is a plus.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank gruimed
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Hello gruimed,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our property. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I stayed at the hotel during my short business trip to San Carlos. Other than the grumpy guy who picked up my phone in the morning, it was a great stay. The lady who checked me in was very friendly. Rooms were very clean. There are a lot of restaurants close by too.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Michelle N, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Dear prashantsh1928,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and certainly apologize for the experience you had with one of our staff members. We hope it didn't put too much of a damper on your morning! We hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future and wish you a lovely day.

Best Regards,
Lynn Campbell | Manager on Duty

Reviewed 5 September 2017

By far this was a cute and very convenient hotel. It was close to many restaurants, near the freeway, a trail along side San Tomas Expressway. The night i checked in Andrea was so pleasant and she recommended her favorite restaurants near by since she lives near by. Even though Andrea was new she greeted me with a smile and asked my reason for travel. Usually when I stay at 4 star hotels I get that kind of service I was not expecting this at a Holiday Inn Express. I am very impressed. Greatest atmosphere. Definitely will be back & with my friends to this time for a 49ers game!!

Room Tip: rooms facing the parking lot
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Michelle N, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear Connie M,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review! We're flattered to have such high regards and are grateful to hear that you wish to visit us again. We have passed your compliments along to Andrea as well. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and hope you have a lovely day!

Best Regards,