“Excellent location”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I average a couple business trips every month to the bay area, and this is the first hotel I check on for availability when a trip comes up on my radar. Rooms are of good size and very clean. Friendly people at front-desk. It's about 10min drive from the SJC airport. This place is at the intersection of El Camino Real and San Tomas, just a block away from El Pollo Loco when you are in a rush to grab a bite, and a few minutes driving distance to excellent restaurants like Athena Grill (Mediterranean) and Pedro's(Mexican) if you have the time for a leisure dinner.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank GallardoGator

Reviewed 29 March 2012

My family and I enjoyed our stay at his hotel while visiting nearby Santa Clara University.

The staff were extremely friendly, helpful, and courteous.

This hotel impressed us with a very clean state of condition.

Overall, a good value and a location I would easily recommend.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JOHN T
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I had a pleasant stay at this Holiday Inn Express. I was traveling for business and found the rooms very comfortable. I usually have trouble sleeping in hotel beds, but these were extremely comfortable. The breakfast was really good. Plenty of options. The workout room lacked a little. It had a couple of treadmills and a bike and an eliptical, which was fine for cardio, but the weights were missing a few of the add-ons to do some of the exercises so I was limited. And there are no free weights. The pool was warmer than the hot tub, but it was chilly when I visited the hotel so I did not use either of those. Overall, the hotel was better than I expected it to be. The location was perfect for where I needed to be. The front desk was helpful in answering questions and very polite. The lobby and the rooms were very clean.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kristina G
Reviewed 29 March 2012

been there several times, on business and private, it was always clean, in good condition, anything needed was promptly supplied or answered, what else do you want?

Room Tip: the rooms inside U-shape have less traffic noise, but may hear pool-noise, at times of the day, cert...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank FPudlowsky
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We chose this hotel because it was close to Winchester Mystery House, and they had a package deal. Very economical; the Winchester tickets were basically free. I called ahead and asked if we could pick up the tickets before our room was ready. When we got there, four hours before 3 pm check-in time, the clerk, Jasmin, had the tickets ready as well as our room! She also gave us printed directions to Winchester. The room was clean, and had everything we needed, including an iPod, a refrigerator, small individual coffeemaker, even a laptop tray. The bed was clean and comfortable and the room spacious, with a small sitting area. The shower/bath was great and I loved the lotion -- smelled like cinnamon. Jasmin was polite and conscientious. I fell and hurt my knee and she also had some anti-bacterial ointment. The hot breakfast was delicious with a lot of variety. Cool coffee creamer flavors. Even with the rainy weather, we had a good time. No complaints at all!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple