Best Western Santa Clara University Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Capri Motel(Santa Clara)
Hotel Stratford(Santa Clara)
Mariani's Inn(Santa Clara)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskbest westernssanta clara universitypotatoeswould stay here againel caminobusy streetyogurtgreat place to stayup to dateworkout roomconvenient locationparking lotexcellent stayrooms are cleanbed was comfortablefree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Santa Clara Best Western University Inn was the perfect place to stay when I flew into town to help my son. Everything worked, everything was easy (breakfast, wifi, parking). I appreciated the friendly staff at the front desk. As a result, I could just focus on helping my son during the day and relaxing at night.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Gavin M, General Manager at Best Western Santa Clara University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for the kind words! I'm hoping the 1-star review was just a mistake - sounds like we really delivered! Best regards, Gavin

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is nice for a US motel standard. The rooms are newly renovated. The worst thing is probably the bathroom. The breakfast is good for motel standards, but ok for hotel standards. It is close to the university and well located with shops and restaurants around.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2018

We were here for a conference and chose this hotel over the one chosen by the conference in order to have free breakfast. I'm so glad we did! The breakfast is great, BTW, the room and all amenities fine, and a bed so good I took a picture of its tag so I can buy one for home. Marisol checked us in and remembered our names, and made sure we got the extra luggage rack we needed. She made this feel like a five star celebrity hotel!

The hotel has a huge parking lot so if you have a big rig call them and see if they will let you park, a truck with U Haul was there when we arrived. Not all upstairs rooms are easily accessible with the elevator so ask for ground floor if you have mobility issues. Bathtub/shower was slippery, I did not ask for a rubber mat, but used a hand towel in the bottom, a trick recommended to me at another hotel. Everything else fine. K Cup coffee maker in room if you want to bring your own.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Thanks for the review, barbgal! I'm glad we made your stay a great one. I also agree - when traveling, there is nothing quite like a good, free breakfast!

That's a good trick about the bathtub. Each of rooms does have an anti-slip mat, but they're usually rolled up in the vanity area. We look forward to hosting you on your next trip - and isn't Marisol so great?!

Reviewed 7 January 2018

We enjoyed another great stay here during a holiday road trip. The staff continue to be outstanding. On this trip, we turned on the TV to find that a previous guest had changed the input away from where it should have been. I couldn't find the input switch on the television, so I visited the front desk. The staffer immediately came to our room and figured out the problem. Can't ask for anything more than that.

We again utilized the laundry facility, which came in very handy. There are also plenty of restaurants not far away. The breakfast setup was just OK, but that's a minor quibble. All in all, very pleased again with our stay here.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2018

Reasonable priced motel with completed motel services. If was littel far from most of the high tech corps. If your trip was not a business visiting, but a signseeing (if "on sight" location was not essential), it will be a good choice. It is easy to reach highway 880 and highway 1 to dirve to Santa Cluz and continue to dirve to Monterrey Bay and Carmel if you have a car. It takes 30 minites or 1 hour driving.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family