“Typical of the valley - expensive and expensive, and oh, expensive.”

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 July 2017

I travel frequently to the bay area, and continue to be annoyed by the incredibly high cost of hotel rooms - and for rooms that wouldn't warrant the cost even in major metropolitan centers like NY and Paris. Today, I went to cancel a day early and was told that my cancellation fee was a full night. So, that ticks me off. If I had gotten any kind of reduced cost for the room, ok. But I paid almost rack rate, and I know that they would rent this room again in a minute. To add to my annoyance, the room was dirty, with a big stain on the carpet and the coffee maker still containing the prior guests old coffee grounds. The Marriott and Hilton are comparable, but with reasonable cancellation policies. I won't be back.

Room Tip: Another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Dear Debra D,

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara. We apologize for any shortcomings with your stay, our team certainly prides itself on provide a quality product and experience and we regret falling short of your expectations, as well as our own. As you've suggested, the Silicon Valley is an incredibly busy market for business and leisure travel this time of the year. Room rates at each of the hotels you've mentioned are all competitive to the market demand. We understand you will not be back, but I encourage that if we can have the opportunity to restore your faith in Hyatt please don't hesitate to contact me directly for assistance.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

4-5 star hotel; nice rooms (but slightly small); bathroom very small (that was disappointing!)
Excellent TV with many HD channels. Good Internet speed.
Nice lobby with bar/restaurants.

They have a 'text the concierge and we'll take care' service which is useless as I never got any answer using it!

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear BKK-George,

We appreciate your feedback regarding the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara. ! I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Evolution bar and restaurants, so we regret and apologize for any challenges you may have experienced with the text concierge. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

The hotel was ready to welcome us. The staff were very friendly. The management were very accommodating. Restaurant staff were very friendly. Food and breakfast were excellent. The bar staff were friendly.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Management response:Responded 18 July 2017

Dear Ashis,

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara! I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our team takes great pride in the level of service we provide all of our large groups and your comments will certainly help in supporting those foundations. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

The accommodations are very nice, the food delicious, and the bar is a great hangout spot in the lobby. It's easy to access, and the traffic in surrounding area never got too bad. We stayed here for a big group meeting, and it was a great stay.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 18 July 2017

Dear Kendall,

Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara! I was very pleased to hear you enjoyed our lobby! We hope to see you again in the future, thank you so much for your business and feedback.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

2.3 km away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara
2.4 km away
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Hyatt Regency Santa Clara? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK