This hotel was mostly awful, a major disappointment. I've stayed at a LOT of Hyatt locations and this one was the worst. I cannot believe the price tag they're fetching for this place, honestly. Especially when you consider that NOTHING is included in the price of the room. No internet, no breakfast, no business computer/printers. Every other Hyatt has these available and included in the room rate, but not the Regency Santa Clara, no sir. You will be charged for every thing as well as some things you didn't partake of, like a drink at the bar you never visited. If you wanted breakfast, it was additional (big surprise!) and it was in their restaurant-not a setting I'd want upon just waking. You could do room service, if you wanted to pay the insane charges AND the service charge. The room wasn't bad, there was a mini-fridge which was great. The Japanese-style doors on the bathroom are a ridiculous joke offering no privacy. There isn't a circulation fan in the bathroom, which is always a mistake. The hotel is very NOISY. I don't know what on earth was going on below us, but it seemed like every 5-10 seconds there was a major thud which I can only assume was the slamming of a hotel door. This went on for hours, right at bed-time-so thanks for that. We asked for an internet cable and were told someone would bring one right up to us. This means it should make it from the lobby to your room by the next morning. The kids loved the pool and the giant chess board, but I didn't love that they had to walk through the lobby bar to get to it-that's no place for kids. All in all I thought this hotel was the worst Hyatt I've visited, so it's peculiar to me that it happens to be the most expensive I've visited. What exactly does the room rate get you? A very over-priced room, assuming you were able to find a parking spot for your car in their parking lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Santa Clara combines luxury and service with a premier location. Our newly renovated Santa Clara hotel accommodations feature the Hyatt Grand Bed, high-speed Internet access, deluxe amenities and sweeping views. A selection of inviting restaurants offers a variety of cuisine, from classic American to Sushi. Take advantage of extensive meeting facilities and 24-hour business center to make every stay at this Hyatt hotel in Santa Clara a success. With its unmatched service and ideal location - connected to the Convention Center, in the heart of the Silicon Valley and near the Great America Theme Park - you'll discover why we are the premier choice among Santa Clara, California hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Santa Clara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Santa Clara Hotel Santa Clara
- Santa Clara Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Santa Clara