“I wouldn't be surprised to receive a bill for my review of this hotel”

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This hotel was mostly awful, a major disappointment. I've stayed at a LOT of Hyatt locations and this one was the worst. I cannot believe the price tag they're fetching for this place, honestly. Especially when you consider that NOTHING is included in the price of the room. No internet, no breakfast, no business computer/printers. Every other Hyatt has these available and included in the room rate, but not the Regency Santa Clara, no sir. You will be charged for every thing as well as some things you didn't partake of, like a drink at the bar you never visited. If you wanted breakfast, it was additional (big surprise!) and it was in their restaurant-not a setting I'd want upon just waking. You could do room service, if you wanted to pay the insane charges AND the service charge. The room wasn't bad, there was a mini-fridge which was great. The Japanese-style doors on the bathroom are a ridiculous joke offering no privacy. There isn't a circulation fan in the bathroom, which is always a mistake. The hotel is very NOISY. I don't know what on earth was going on below us, but it seemed like every 5-10 seconds there was a major thud which I can only assume was the slamming of a hotel door. This went on for hours, right at bed-time-so thanks for that. We asked for an internet cable and were told someone would bring one right up to us. This means it should make it from the lobby to your room by the next morning. The kids loved the pool and the giant chess board, but I didn't love that they had to walk through the lobby bar to get to it-that's no place for kids. All in all I thought this hotel was the worst Hyatt I've visited, so it's peculiar to me that it happens to be the most expensive I've visited. What exactly does the room rate get you? A very over-priced room, assuming you were able to find a parking spot for your car in their parking lot.

Room Tip: To choose a good room, choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ruby B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Santa Clara

Reviewed 18 July 2012 via mobile

The hotel was pretty when you walk in, but was a little scared getting off the elevator because the hall way is pretty dated. However the room was modern and very clean. A/c did not cool the room very well is only complaint about the room. Breakfast was not free as it is input hotels we stay in. Cost over $60 for family of 4 to eat breakfast, and it was not anything to write home about.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank 2009rolltideroll
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I've stayed here about a half dozen times (I'm a member of the Hyatt loyalty program) and always find the staff friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean and breakfast is consistent. While there is nothing to complain about (other than perhaps the noise from the air conditioning system in the conference center that you can hear on the 13th floor) the experience does lack something - I'm not sure what, perhaps it is just the bland vanilla flavor of the hotel that needs a little invigoration?

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the hills.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2012

There is really nothing to complain about. Helpful staff, very nice and clean room and pretty good food which is a little overpriced. 5 Overall.

Room Tip: The place is a bit isolated, you really need to have a car or be prepared to pay for cab rides and t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
DaniaDuke, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

I am glad that you found your stay nice and excellent. I am also happy that you enjoyed our helpful staff and the food that our TusCA Restaurant and Evolution Bar and Cafe have to offer. We look forward to the next time you come and visit Hyatt Regency Santa Clara.

Warmly,
Dania Duke

Reviewed 9 July 2012

The customer service is exceptional in this hotel. The rooms are very pleasantly decorated with colors that are uplifting as well as relaxing. Got the price on Hotwire...it was better than all the hotels we stayed in over the last few yrs while our daughter was attending school in Santa Clara...seemed like we were always in "motel" type places for the pricing we were looking at...this hotel was the same or less than those hotels...and it was a 1000 percent nicer. As a gold member from yrs ago...we also got free internet. The parking is free to all guests, which could otherwise add $10-12/night. Great location! Room service is pricey...so grab something before hunkiering down. Otherwise...this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post such kind comments about our hotel. It's feedback such as yours that are valuable to us in improving our operations. I am glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with your family. I also happy that you found our rooms aesthetically pleasing and that as a Hyatt Gold Passport member, you were able to utilize our free internet. I am most appreciative for your comments regarding our customer service. I will be happy to share this with the staff and we look forward to welcoming your family back to Silicon Valley upon your next visit.

Warmly,

HYATT House Santa Clara
#2 of 32 in Santa Clara
2.4 km away
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Hyatt Regency Santa Clara? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK