Madison Street Inn
Hilton Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$ 165
US$ 143
The Plaza Suites Silicon Valley(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$ 268
US$ 194
US$ 169
US$ 150
HIExpress.com
Santa Clara Marriott(Santa Clara)
US$ 320
US$ 312
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$ 149
HIExpress.com
US$ 131
US$ 117
Travelocity
Best Western Santa Clara University Inn(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$ 154
US$ 149
Agoda.com
HYATT House Santa Clara(Santa Clara)(Great Value!)
US$ 282
US$ 275
All reviewsb bfriendly hostssterile chainhome away from homecomfortable bedsilicon valleylarge roomfresh fruitralphconcertunitacsleeping
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 May 2011

I travel on business and if possible try to give my money to locals rather than a chain. This place was clean and well kept. I arrived late and called and talked to Ralph to tell him I was going to dinner first; no problem, they left me instructions to get in. Next morning, I had a nice breakfast of eggs benedict, then some helpful directions to get me on my way. They've been there 25 years; must be doing something right.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank bornlate
tesswsantaclara, Owner at Madison Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Glad to hear that guest enjoyed the breakfast. We make sure to serve an egg dish, bread or pastry of some kind and fresh fruit every day. Also, work a lot with vegan and gluten free diets so please advise on booking if any dietary requirements.

Reviewed 14 May 2011

While I was a travel nurse, I stumbled across the Madison Street Inn on the internet and was intrigued by the idea of staying in a B&B in an old Victorian home and thought I would give it a go. I was immediately warmly welcomed as I stepped back in time as I entered the old Victorian home. I walked in on a cold night and was greeted by a crackling fire and Theresa's delicious chocolate chip cookies. The old charm of the place, the family-like atmosphere and dinners around the fire pit in the backyard or around the fireplace inside with other guests persuaded me to stay another 3 months! Theresa and Ralph are warm and welcoming and the family-like atmosphere is a lovely and fun alternative to cold, sterile and lonely hotels! I definitely recommend the Inn, especially if you like the charm of history and appreciate a warm, family atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank raidergirl222
Reviewed 14 May 2011

I'm staying at the inn for an extended period time and couldn't be happier. I am a travel nurse and could have stayed in corporate housing (apartment) or an extended stay hotel but I found the inn online and decided it would be fun to check out.

Theresa and Ralph are amazing hosts and know a lot about the area from where to hike, bike or shop to where to eat, etc. The weekly dinners are a fun time to get to know other guests-around the bbq outside in the warmer weather or in the parlor by the fire when its too cold (I've done both!) Like an earlier poster said it feels like you are having dinner with a group of friends. There is a ton of seating in the back yard/pool area and its one of my favorite places to sit and read. I'm in the Fremont room which is super airy with tons of natural light.

I use the internet all the time and I have never had an issue with it which isn't the case in most of the hotels I have stayed in so that's a bonus!

I'm here for a little while longer and I am already sad to leave. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a place that is more like a home and less like a hotel!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank angiern76
Reviewed 2 May 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Madison Street Inn en route back to San Jose after touring San Simeon and wine country/Paso Robles. We were thrilled with the ambiance, the hospitality and the food! Because Ralph and Teresa live in a separate home that's on an adjoining property we never felt uncomfortable lounging in the lovely parlor or having an early dinner from The Falafel Drive-In (a must!) in the cozy kitchen. We'll be back and we highly recommend it for anyone traveling to the area whether you're "B&B types" or not!

Room Tip: The rooms are ALL lovely!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GKWComms
Reviewed 3 March 2011

I was looking for an alternative to the major hotels in the area. I had read that the Inn was notable for its food.
I found the Inn to be delightfully comfortable. Each breakfast was done very nicely...more food than I should have consumed. Tuesday's dinner was wonderful! Dinner was served in the living room around the fireplace...just seven f us. It was like being at home with six friends.
If a B&B atmosphere is what you enjoy, the Madison Street Inn is your place.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business