“The ribs were great, I love the way the corn on the cob is prepared corn bread, everything delious”

Lillie Mae's House of Soul Food
Ranked #57 of 438 Restaurants in Santa Clara
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 22 February 2017

Good customer service the atmosphere was good, fast service all and all, good place to take your family to.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Lillie Mae's House of Soul Food

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

Really good BBQ cool building. Lots of fun! I never order chicken. But their BBQ chicken is perfect. Brisket and ribs are always fall off the bone tender.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

Lillie Mae’s (House of Soul Food in Santa Clara) is going downhill. I used to like this place a lot – especially their fried chicken lunch. But the last 2 times were not so good. In October 2016 they served me a very dry piece of chicken, whereas in the past it was always tender, well cooked, and juicy. But I tried again in December 2016 and the quality of the chicken was not nearly as good as it had been in the previous years. So something is wrong. I noticed they have changed cooks so that may well be part of the problem.

And I usually found the male and female employees who took my order at the cash register were almost always outgoing and cordial -- really customer friendly. But that has changed in my past 2 visits; now the employees are OK to medium. One example is that I wanted to be sure that the chicken lunch was all dark meat – leg, thigh, and wing. The lunch counter employee (on Dec 2, 2016) wanted to argue with me that the wing is not dark meat.

I doubt that I will return to Lillie Mae’s and that is a disappointment; it used to be special. When I need a fried chicken fix in the future, I will go to Popeye’s where the service is not any better, but the chicken is consistently tender, juicy, and much less expensive.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Being from the south this is great food, the fried chicken is excellent and plentiful 4 pieces . the collards are authentic and the mac and cheese was good . I also have trouble finding good ice tea and they have it here.

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

I love this place. It's real BBQ so it can be a touch pricey. But oh so freaking worth it. Ribs are perfect. And I never order chicken at places. But their BBQ chicken is amazing. Everyone needs to try this place!!! So yum