“BBQ Ribs that fall off the bone”
Review of Andy's Bar-B-Que

Andy's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #157 of 448 Restaurants in Santa Clara
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 June 2016

They use a very good smokey flavor that truly makes the meet moist and tender. They cater which is a plus for BBQ now a days. My only complaint is that the restaurant needs a make over and the staff at times tend to talk way too much and yell in the restaurant.

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

We were in the family restaurant , 3 people . Very good location , excellent restaurant , great service and excellent cuisine ! steak is Good ! The waiter served very well!

Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

Visiting my son and stopped here last night of dinner (his favorite place). He orders the TriTip hike I did the Brisket. Both were excellent. Baked potato with the fixing very good. Salad just so so. Wait service was great. Fast, waiter very attentive.. Thumbs up !!!

Reviewed 19 February 2016

On the evening of February 6, 2016 I dined at Andy's BBQ. My acquaintance with Andy's BBQ goes back to the 1970's when they where located in Campbell ca. Andy's can be easily found on the El Camino Real, just look for a trailer with a large BBQ smoker in front of the restaurant. You will notice when you arrive that the decor at
Andy's is old school inside and out. As you enter the restaurant you will go through a small waiting area and find the reception desk straight ahead, to your left you will find a rather large bar that has a wrap around wooden counter that is reminiscent of a western saloon. There are tables and chairs in the bar that liberators can sit at while they enjoy their drinks and watch sporting events from the wide screen TV that is hung above the bar.
Just past the reception desk starts the dining area. A no frills space with old framed western prints and posters and a little blackboard listing beer specials adoring the walls and antique stained glass chandelier lamps hanging from above which gave the room a little character. By in large most BBQ restaurants have rustic ambience to capture the theme.
Beverage lists included Cocktails, a small Wine listing and a larger Beer selection of both draft and bottled varieties.
For my beverage selection I ordered a Lagunitas-IPA beer on draft. The Lagunitas was a perfect choice I found to pair with BBQ. It was so smooth and played well with all I ordered.
The dinner menu at Andy's is made up of a Appetizer section, dinner size Salads, Bar-B-Que Platters and Combinations, Side Orders, and a Child's section.
My entree choice for the evening was a Combination Platter made up of pork spare ribs, beef brisket, BBQ chicken and pork shoulder and served with a green salad ( which I chose to forego ) toasted garlic bread, baked potato with cheese sauce, heated BBQ sauce and a side order of baked beans. I found the pork spare ribs burnt and dried out on top but moist on the inside around the bone. The BBQ chicken was moist and had a pleasing BBQ-smoky flavor. The beef brisket was tender and had a good flavor profile both from the meat it self and from the BBQ. The pork shoulder was delicious with it's melt in your mouth tenderness and flavor. The garlic bread was a delight. Fresh French bread had been seasoned perfectly and placed on the grill and aloud to soak up all the smoky BBQ flavors. The baked potato was another winner. The potato was baked to a tenderness and cheese sauce and butter that was added had already started to melt within the tuber making it totally a taste sensation. The BBQ sauce arrived warm and was of good quality and was an enhancement to the meal. The side order of baked beans had an ok flavor but arrived at the table just lukewarm.
For dessert I decide to try the Homemade Peach Cobbler with Vanilla Ice Cream. First off the peaches tasted like they where freeze dried, deprived of any flavor or sweetness and were rubbery in texture. The peaches were ladled on to a generous square of moist pond cake ( where was the pie crust ? ). The dessert was topped by a so-so quality of vanilla ice cream and a little whipped cream.
The portion sizing was more then generous. A fully loaded platter of western BBQ . Ditto for plate presentation.
Service was a strong point here. My waiter gave me smooth service throughout the evening. He was always three when needed without rushing me or being intrusive. A very professional service.
Parking was not a problem the night I was there. A long parking lot goes the length of the restaurant on the right side.
Andy's does to go orders and Catering too!
In summation, my night at Andy's was enjoyable. The positives out weigh the negatives by a comfortable margin for me. I recommend Andy's Bar-B-Que.

Reviewed 23 November 2015

Worst service I've ever experienced. Waited 35 mins at the bar before we were greeted and asked what we wanted. There were only 5 people at the bar and after the bartender gave us a menu she didn't ask if we wanted anything to drink. After ordering our drinks and food we waited another 20 minutes for our salads and beer. We then had to remind the bartender about our garlic bread. We asked to speak to a manager only to be further unsatisfied and told that there wasn't a manager on duty. We asked how that's possible to not have a manager or supervisor figure on the premises and we were told that they are sorry but that's the way it is. when we complained about the service they requested our contact info so that some one will contact us later.....our bill came out to $ 96.00 dollars and change for a steak and full rack, Caesars salad with 3 beers..then the bartender added an extra beer to our bill....are you kidding me!!!!! No discount for our complaints, no manager, no supervisor! Worst experience ever. Don't understand how they continue to be in business.