“Another Korean BBQ place - this one is one of my favorites”
Review of Beque Korean Grill

Beque Korean Grill
Ranked #74 of 446 Restaurants in Santa Clara
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 2 February 2015

My nephew picked this restaurant for his Dad's birthday dinner. We have gone to a few before and we were got smoked while dining. This place has gas grills with vents surrounding the grill as the out vents. You eat and no smoke invades your person.

We ordered the Beef Bulgogi and Pork Belly. One order of the Chicken and Beef Bulgogi was cooked in the Kitchen. These were dry and lost some of its flavor vs the ones where we cooked them at the table. We ate lots of the appetizers and rice. Did not receive our soup.

The $19.99 @ person price was a good value for the amount of food we ate. We saw many college students eating here and if you do not have a reservation, the wait can be up to one hour during the peak hours.

Reviewed 6 October 2014

We've been here twice and broth times found the AYCE quite tasty and delicious. They bring out a sampling of ALL the AYCE meats (beef, chicken, pork) for the number of people in your party. For the two of us, there was so much, I don't see how you could have asked for more as it was simply too much. The side dishes on ban chan were pretty good with the standard ones like bean sprouts, tofu, and Kim chee. The meal in less rice and soup. Service was pretty friendly and good, but after we got served our food, the waitress didn't come back other than to check on us once or twice to refill water and get us more soup. I think he meats were a bit salty as we were thirsty afterwards. My suggestion at these AYCE places is to eat slowly, and don't stock up on the starches so you don't get so full you can't sample the other fine foods.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Four of us had $19.99 AYCE BBQ, the food was good and we had good time. The service was little slow as we only saw one waitress for a good size resto, a second person showed up at later time. A typical Korean Place with plenty of tiny dishes sort of amuse-gueule. A bow of Tofu soup, rice, lettuce include with the meal. The good part is you don't smell BBQ smoke on your clothes.

1  Thank 9za
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was a fun place. For many of us it was our first time at a Korean BBQ so it was a fun and very social experience. We had the all you can eat BBQ which was beef, chicken and two different kinds of pork. The more experienced Korean BBQ eaters said they liked this place better than many of the others because the grill was on the table and you did not walk away smelling like charred meat. I highly recommend trying it if you are a carnivore. It was a little rough for the vegans in the group.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I ate at Beque on a Wednesday evening and it was real busy. It took a while to be seated and the service was a bit slow but the wait was well worth it. If this were a fancy, expensive restaurant I would have subtracted a star on my rating but in context of what the place is and the prices is am able to overlook the wait.
Inside, the restaurant feels just like you are in South Korea with built in BBQ burners at each table, stainless steel chop sticks and long spoon.
I ordered the all you can eat special for $20.00. You get a choice of 5 meats delivered to you raw for you to cook at the table. I choose the beef, spicy chicken and pork to start. Of course this comes with a generous selection of traditional Korean sides which are also refilled as you request. The chicken was good, the pork a bit too fatty for me and the beef was awesome! When I finished my first round of meat I asked for more beef and was brought a generous portion. I also went through several helpings of kimchi and bean sprouts. When I left I was full and happy. I look forward to returning.