“Solid local spot”
Review of Nugget Downtown - CLOSED

Nugget Downtown
Reviewed 13 August 2017

If you like the Summerland location of the Nugget you will be at home in downtown S.B. It looks tacky and the solid comfort food may not be the SoCal menu that you may yearn for, but meatloaf sandwiches, hearty burgers, and a no frills place with good service is sort of a Cheers kind of place. I return and return.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Great food and service. $4.00 Craft beer pints during happy hour. $4.00 wells and house wine. 20% off all appetizers.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

There are three or four Nuggets in the area and they are very similar. They have a kitsche feel, but good solid food and drink at a reasonable price. Really known for sandwiches and burgers it is real comfort food. Good happy hour too.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

My Wife and I were getting very peckish. (That means hungry in real English) When we spied this small place.

So where to start on this review of this fine eatery?

Should I mention the nice atmosphere? Or the Friendly and very good staff there that quickly had our seated and given our drinks. that & the cleanliness of the place and its bathrooms.

How about our great waiter taking our orders with great aplomb & accuracy. All the while acting like a gentleman. Who put up with our numerous requests for simple things.

You Sir, showed some good grace under pressure there Sir!

No I think not!

Instead I shall tell you of the really good Beef Dip Tr Cut Steak Sandwich. That we shared together as it was way too much good food for one person to eat.

Also mention should be made of the great sides. Especially the very good Coleslaw and the perfectly done Onion Rings. In closing it was a great meal and a fine experience all rolled up in one.

Bottom line it was well worth the $33.00 including a well earned tip. Major Kudos to all hands involved!

Reviewed 11 February 2017

As we understand it, locals love this place. We do, too. My husband's chili was great. My mac and cheese - better than average. The place was busy and the patrons friendly. Service was very good. I expect we will be regulars during our month long stay.