Lavender Inn by the Sea
Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$ 296
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$ 268
US$ 256
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$ 258
US$ 221
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 299/night.

Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$ 268
US$ 256
Belmond El Encanto(Santa Barbara)
US$ 675
US$ 553
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 634/night.

Simpson House Inn(Santa Barbara)
US$ 402
Ramada by Wyndham Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$ 241
US$ 203
Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$ 507
US$ 388
  • Beachfront
Kimpton Canary Hotel(Santa Barbara)
US$ 616
US$ 480
US$ 727
  • Pool
All reviewsmilk and cookieswine and cheesebottle of champagnesister property across the streetcontinental breakfastcrackerslittle extraseach eveningseparate kitchenfew blocksboiled eggslate afternoonstate streetrented bikesreception areafree parkingnice amenities
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Husband surprised me for our 10th anniversary. From the moment we arrived until departure it was a wonderful experience. Very clean room, lovely lavender amenities, comfy bed and room. My husband ordered flowers and Liz called him to ask if she could make a flower arrangement and added little chocolates around the flowers. That's the level of service we received all weekend. Great location and yes a bit of noise but that didn't bother us because overall the location is great. Thank you to Joe for his help too! We'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I went to visit my college daughter in Santa Barbara last week and found a hidden gem! The room was delightful with crown molding,great bedding, free water , a bottle of champagne, and lovely decor with green and white accents.The bathroom was newly remodeled and my room was steps from the pool and jacuzzi! I loved the free cookies and milk,and wine and cheese every night! wow! Also I like the bowl of fruit in the lobby with coffee and tea, always available. Since I sleep in till 10 am in the mornings, I usually miss the free breakfast,but this place had a big tray of pastries in the lobby after 10 am...sweet! The staff was friendly and the property was nicely landscaped as well. I was able to walk 2 blocks to get to the beach and then a few more blocks took me to State street, where all the shopping and restaurants are.
I can't wait to go back and visit my daughter, so I can stay at the Lavender Inn.

Room Tip: I went on the website Santa Barbara hotel group and got one night free.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank darlinglisa
Reviewed 12 January 2012

This was a lovely place to stay over in Santa Barbara. The extra amenities they offered were really great. The dvd library available to guests was extensive, and even included new releases. The continental breakfast was decent considering the size of the hotel, and milk and cookies, cheese and crackers, and complimentary champagne or sparkling cider upon arrival were outstanding. The pillowtop mattress in the hotel room was cozy and had me sleeping in the next morning. Lovely old fashioned furnishings and an up-to-date bathroom made the stay even more pleasant. This hotel was very clean and quiet. While I didn't use the pool or spa, I took a good look at them and they seemed very well maintained as well. This hotel was about 2 blocks from the beach, and it was a very easy distance to walk. We got bicycles from the hotel at no extra charge and rode them up and down the beach and pier and up into downtown. This was a huge plus, very convenient. The staff at the front desk treated us well, and made some very nice restaurant recommendations, including a coupon for a complimentary appetizer at a nice steakhouse down at the harbor. I really want to return for another visit to this hotel, highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah G
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed at the Lavender Inn for 1 night on the way from LA to San Francisco. The place is lovely with a very cosy home-like feel to it. The rooms are clean and the bathrooms are nice as well. The beds are very comfortable indeed. As we stayed on the Christmas night I think the Inn was almost empty and it was very quiet - no noise whatsoever from other rooms or the road.

The little lavender touches were cute and the service excellent. We got our delicious cookies and milk on arrival, and then even some more for the road in the morning.

Lavender is not smack-dead in the center of SB, but only a short drive away, and as you need a car for pretty much everything you do in the US - it's still conveniently located close to the beach.

Overall, very pleased with our stay at the Lavender Inn, so thanks to the hosts.

Room Tip: We stayed at room 10.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Stayed in a king-size room which was clean as were the pool and hot tub. Good location two blocks away from the beach. Breakfast was meager and had a lot of room for improvement. Lavender smell in the room was not overpowering. Would return.

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple