“Great way to start the new year”
Review of Villa Rosa Inn

Villa Rosa Inn
Ranked #11 of 18 Santa Barbara B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Loved everything about this inn. The Rustic California style was comforting and the room looked just like the photo. The TV, bath, bed made it feel more like home than hotel. Easy to imagine it was a Villa or Hacienda instead of a hotel. Staff was quick and efficient, The lite breakfast was clean, well done, fruit and butter chilled, was very nice. We will be back. If you are looking for unique and different choose here.

Room Tip: Look at the photos online to pick your room. As each room is different
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tim r
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

I would normally have given this Inn a great review. My husband and I have stayed here twice and really enjoyed it. But the last time, I accidentally left a $150 wool jacket in the closet when we left and of course when I called the hotel to inquire about my coat, I was told that the head housekeeper was right there and she said that a coat had not been found. It is very frustrating to accidentally leave an item and then you are just out of luck because of the hotels housekeeping. If I am going to stay at a hotel, I need to be treated with respect. I need to know that if I accidentally leave something, the housekeeping will honestly return my item to the hotel staff so that I can get it back. Unfortunately I was told that the hotel has a very good housekeeping staff. Apparently not because someone stole my coat.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jana E
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We visit Santa Barbara often, but this was our first stay at Villa Rosa (we usually stay at Marina Beach Motel which we thoroughly love). We decided to stay here because the last time we were in SB we were walking by and it looked really nice. So we opted for something new this time around.

The location is nice, walking distance to the beach and pier and marina. The wine and cheese in the evening was really nice. The breakfast was average. The girl who checked us in was very friendly, the morning girl was just okay. The building is vintage California style (quite nice) and in good condition. The room was clean, but overall we weren't overly impressed. It's better than 3 star, not quite 4, but there is no 3 1/2 choice.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank We3luv2travel
Reviewed 5 October 2011

We booked and room and when we arrived they had "given the room" to someone else with the same last name as ours. At first the receptionist gave us a little attitude "well they already checked in and paid for the room". We traveled 7 hours there for a wedding and they finally did agree to give us another room, but it was not the room I reserved. The rooms are badly in need of remodeling. Beds, sheets, furniture, etc. are all in need of replacement. Things smell moldy. The only thing good was the patio by the pool (relaxing when there was no one else there) and the location (close to the beach, wharf, etc.). I agree with Tim N. "I won't be back". Spend a little more $$$ and go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't get room #12.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ABKBPeoria_AZ
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My wife and i love Santa Barbara and like trying new inns to stay at. when i saw this property on line there were two rooms still available so i called the property to ask some questions about the two rooms. FIRST RED FLAG i was quoted a higher price than the web site promoted. then they suggested one of there" new cottages " seemed like a good idea so we booked it.
upon arrival we realized that the "Cottage " was really an old apartment complex and in noway ready for rental at over$ 200 per night. the unit was dusty with cobwebs in the corners and the Garden area was unkempt and the grass obviously had not been mowed in weeks. The rest of my comments match Tim N and Sharie C.
Upon checkout my credit card was already charged a higher rate than the room was advertized for on there own web site. I gave up. Needless to say we will not be back

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple