“Visiting from Switzerland”

Days Inn Santa Barbara
Ranked #35 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Motel is average but clean. Man at the reception very helpful.
Just a short walk from the waterfront. Very good location.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 May 2012

We book a room for three people and we got a suite: two bedrooms with one bathroom. Very nice. Rooms are not spacious but size is ok. We spent there only one night so we cannot complain.
Room: clean, coffee maker (no cattle for tea), fresh towels, hairdryer, free Internet, fridge.
Hotel: free parking, excellent location to pier and main street where all bars/restaurants are located.
Breakfast: continental. There is no bread but instead they offer very nice pastries. The rest is as always: juice, tea or coffee.
I can totally recommend this hotel if you want to spend 1-2 nights in Santa Barbara.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Agusia01
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I arrived before 11 am via train and I realize that check-in was a 3 pm. I waited a while as the reception staff checked room availability. I was finally given the key to a non-smoking queen size bedroom in the middle of the property.

Housekeeping was not done cleaning the room and was told that it would be another half hour before it was ready. I didn't mind waiting so I walked around the corner and across the street to the Harbor (less than 5 min. away), found a bench to sit, rest, and read literature that I got from the hotel lobby.

About half an hour later when I returned with my key, the room was ready and felt very cozy and welcoming. The sliding mirror closet door provided a feeling of spaciousness for a solo traveler like me. There was a shower stall with varying water pressure and the bathroom was clean with plenty of towels, even though they were a little rough to the skin. There was also a built-in wall hair dryer.

There was a refrigerator, coffee maker with decaf and regular coffee pouches, drinking cups, ice bucket. There were breakfast treats in the lobby/reception area but I didn't get any.

The box TV had plenty of channels including cable.

There was free wi-fi (contact the reception desk for the password) which I really appreciate for my mobile device.

The bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows. There was an air conditioner as well which I turned on a few times when the room felt stuffy.

Overall, I was very pleased with my overnight (Sunday) stay with the price that I paid. I enjoyed the location which was generally safe and quiet. No disruptive guests or vehicle noises. The walk to the Harbor was really nice; different vibe than the pier, but it was a nice walk there and back, too.

I look forward to future stay(s) since I always enjoy my Santa Barbara getaways. Days Inn on Castillo Street is also about a 5-10 minute walk (depending on how leisurely you feel) to/from the SBA train station through a quiet residential neighborhood.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank blgrn8
Reviewed 12 April 2012

What more do you want? :) there is even a little jacuzzi. It's classic motel style, basic but we are backpackers so was amazing for us! We have no car, location to walk to beach, whale tours was great! Hotel manager was a very sweet man - let us check in early. Softball fields across the road which was fun to watch in the evening. You could hear the rooms with sharing doors but thats the only negative. Breakfast was muffins, cereal bars, cakes, juice and coffee - really good! And a fridge in the rooms. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 4 April 2012

appears to be run by clean freak perfectionists. Whilst this is the more budget end of the hotel choices in Santa Barbara, we would stay here again on its proximity to the beach, parking and very clean rooms.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple