Hotel Milo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 497
US$ 339
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Ramada by Wyndham Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$ 331
US$ 203
Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$ 328
US$ 292
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 268
US$ 256
Kimpton Canary Hotel(Santa Barbara)
US$ 566
US$ 475
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$ 381
US$ 292
  • Beachfront
Harbor View Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$ 420
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Encina Lodge & Suites(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
US$ 309
US$ 228
Agoda.com
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$ 727
1,129 results
All reviewsinfinity poolheated floorsbeautiful propertypool servicerain showerin room diningthe pacific oceanvalet staffthe entire stafffour seasonssan ysidro ranchmain buildingbungalowspapatiofireplacecalifornia
Reviewed 17 March 2018

We reserved a table a Celebratory Anniversary dinner. As Central Coast Californian’s we have heard raving reviews of this hotel and restaurant. We were primed for a first class experience. Upon arrival there was no valet insight. We asked directions to the restaurant and were shown the entry door. Inside was an employee at a counter ready to assist. I gave him my name and said we had reservations. He frowned checked his list and said “Do you mean the restaurant?” Yes, pointing out there is no sign or indication that this was the “front desk” for the hotel. He motioned with his hand that the restaurant is over there. We then went to the next desk and gave our name. This guy said he was the concierge and the restaurant is over there. By this time I was frustrated and finally found the restaurant podium. Glancing over our shoulder back at the “front desk” we see the Concierge and the Desk Clerk laughing at us!
The dinner was superb: Duck Breast was excellent as well as the Halibut. The view is impressive to visitors but the restaurant itself is unremarkable. The service was fine. No mention of the anniversary other than a lovely table. As we left the waitress came running after us apologizing that she forgot the anniversary and gave us three bon bons in a carry out container.
Excellent food – will return in spite of the help.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NotBigBux
Reviewed 15 March 2018

We have stayed at this enchanting resort 3 times and are headed back next week for what has become my husband and my annual birthday getaway. We love everything about the El Encanto beginning with champagne offered in the covered outdoor patio looking out high above Santa Barbara during the short wait for our room. The unique and spacious rooms/bungalows, the luxurious spa like bathrooms and amenities, the excellent customer service and willingness to place us in a room with 100% satisfaction, the amazing pool with a spectacular view, frozen grapes and refreshments, poolside foot massage, luxurious towels and most attentive pool service and the meandering pathways with beautiful landscape are only a few of the reasons we return twice a year. The restaurant is lovely--taking full advantage of the beautiful view. The only small complaint would be they did not have Kahlua for an after dinner drink in the bar and they had run out of some other basic drink (I think maybe Heineken beer) I can't remember. I highly recommend the El Encanto for any perfect retreat.

Room Tip: We love the rooms closer to the pool and the upper units for view purposes---but, they truly all are spectacular.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
ElEncantoSB, Executive Assistant at Belmond El Encanto, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you so much for taking this time to share your thoughtful feedback, kammymiller. It is truly our pleasure to have your as our guest with each of your visits, and we love that you and your husband have made this a celebratory tradition. We love to always ensure to assign you your favorite rooms, although we know you have found a few new favorites on each visit as well! It is certainly a dream to meander through our landscaped pathways and get lost amongst the wisteria, I hope you took time to throw a penny in the Wishing Well and feed our resident turtles in the Lily Pond as well! We will continue to look forward to your visits as long as you continue to look forward to taking them, and please let us know when your next celebratory excuse arises so that we may celebrate right along with you! Thank you again, for allowing us the pleasure to serve you. We can’t wait for you to come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 11 March 2018

This is one of those places that is 5 star because it's not 4 star, but it's sort of just over the line. The grounds are nice and there are nice views from the restaurant/bar area. The service was mixed. Nothing big, but a few things were just off. I stayed here for a work trip and got in late. I clearly wanted to just go to my room, and had made that known, but the person at the front desk kept wanting to tell me about the spa, particularities of dining, etc. The next morning I'd asked them for some aspirin, which was available at the on property store right by the lobby, which was locked. The woman at the front desk said she couldn't open it but the spa could. The spa was closed even thought it's hours said it would be open. I said, no problem, I'm headed back to my room to get some work done, will you please follow up and send to my room. She never did. The wait staff did not seem knowledgeable about wine, which seemed a little off given the cost of the meal.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Thank you, Byron R, your feedback is incredibly important to us here at Belmond El Encanto. We will be sure to follow up regarding the few small service mishaps that you have mentioned, as they are certainly not typical of the services that we provide and we do take this very seriously. We should have read your arrival situation better and allowed you a more streamlined and peaceful arrival process versus trying to explain our amenities in that moment, and we will continue to improve as we continue to push ourselves to always do better and always ensure that we are challenging ourselves to be the best. I am so sorry to hear of this incident with the aspirin, and can see why that would be frustrating for you. We also do pride ourselves on providing an ever changing, dynamic wine list and a very knowledgeable staff that represents our brand and our focus on food and beverage, so I am disappointed to hear you were unable to experience this as well. I hope you do get a chance to come back and visit, so that we can show you our true dedication to hospitality and service. We will ensure that your next trip to our enchanted gardens is a far greater success than your last, with top notch service throughout! Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Every detail about our trip was perfect. The staff (Shaun, Sabine, Nick, Macy and EVERYONE else) were wonderful. The rooms are perfect and the whole feel is just so enchanting. Will absolutely be back!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 10 March 2018

We had a great meal and wonderful service at this beautiful restaurant overlooking Santa Barbara. We arrived after dark, but I'd recommend arriving in time to see the spectacular sunsets and, weather permitting, sitting at a table outside.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple