“A Santa Barbara Must Do”
Review of Bouchon

Bouchon
Reserve with OpenTable
Bouchon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 548 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Price range: US$ 24 - US$ 36
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State
Description: Farm-to-table gem in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara. The Original California bouchon, menu features local produce and wines. Charming rustic ambience with hardwood floors, open kitchen and inviting patio. Service is warm, friendly and informed.
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Your trip to Santa Barbara is not complete without a visit to Bouchon. Locally sourced from heirloom tomatoes to wine. I like a glass of wine with my dinner but am not sophisticated about it and here they do all the work for you. Each course is paired with a local wine. Everything was delicious and the pairings were spot on. Server Dillon was professional and knowledgeable and I really appreciate that. $$$ well spent. ☺️

Reviewed 3 November 2017

4 of us for dinner- foie gras delightful, roasted tomato soup - coulda been Campbell's- zero yum factor.....mushroom ragout.... tasteless as well as barely warm. Wine pairings with our food selections was very enjoyable, however, one small tower floor fan for the entire restaurant, I just sat there and melted. Put ice cubes in my bra-- barely helped. I don't think I'll eat here again. I did enjoy the Wagyu beef- as my friend enjoyed the duck.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

From the first moment we were greeted at Bouchon we knew it was going to be extraordinary. We were celebrating an anniversary, and they made us feel very special, with a glass of bubbles on the house and rose petals on the table. Our waiter was a great guide in terms of helping us narrow down our selections and choose a bottle of wine from their excellent and reasonably priced local list. An over-dressed Salad Lyonnaise was the only bad spot in an otherwise flawless evening. We will be back.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

We had a beautiful dinner at Bouchon - the atmosphere was very romantic and the waiters were very knowledgable about which wine went with what. My only reservation was at the end of the meal (we were still eating desert) the bill was just plonked at our table, we weren’t asked for fberd likr another drink - it was as if they wanted us to leave ASAP and it was only 9.15

1  Thank Toffeedog15
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Previously dined at Bouchon in the Wine Country and had a good experience with nice clean food; this one was in need of some refinement both in the food category and wine selection. Waiter was very reluctant in providing tastes of wines; don't know why, maybe he didn't want to give the extra effort??? Food was so-so; pricey. Would definitely recomment another restaurant.

Been to Bouchon? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK