“Fantastic Lunch!”

Ranked #26 of 542 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 35
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Established in 1985, The Palace Grill is a Santa Barbara landmark restaurant featuring authentic New Orleans-inspired cuisine and a fun, lively atmosphere. Winner of The Santa Barbara's Independent Reader's Poll for "Best Restaurant Service". Located in Santa Barbara's charming Old Town district, The Palace Grill has something for everyone. Our menu features a wide range of contemporary American Grill items with a focus on authentic Southern and Louisiana specialties such as Jambalaya, Crawfish Etouffee, New Orleans Bar-B-Que Shrimp, Blackened Filet Mignon, and delicious daily "Menu Additions". In addition we have a number of exciting Caribbean dishes and a line of Creole-Italian pastas. To insure that we remain authentic, the Palace routinely flies its staff to New Orleans to experience first-hand the magical quality of the city that has inspired the spirit of the Palace Grill. The Palace has been featured in dozens of national publications including Gourmet(R) Magazine, Bon Appetit(R) and USA TODAY(R). Throughout the years, The Palace has also been a favorite of culinary legends (including chef Julia Child and chef Wolfgang Puck) and has served its cuisine to countless global dignitaries - including 5 U. S. Presidents. At the Palace Grill, everyone shares one goal: to give our guests the most extraordinary dining experience possible: every time they visit. Besides our wonderful cuisine, The Palace is known for it's unique style of "Team Service" (which the Nation's Restaurant News called "an idea whose time has come") and our nostalgic nightly staff and guest Sing-A-Long to Louis Armstrong's iconic song - "What A Wonderful World." Come join the celebration known as "The Palace Grill Experience."
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

We were three couples off a cruise ship for the day wandering around State Street when we stumbled through the door.

The staff was so welcoming and accommodating and everything was delicious!

Our top recommendations are the shrimp po boy, red beans and rice, jambalaya and bread pudding soufflé.

Our only regret was that we didn't allow enough time to try the dark chocolate soufflé.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

Been in years past and enjoyed. Unfortunately it has gone downhill and the presentation and food does not live up to the exorbitant prices. We ordered the gumbo ya ya as appetizer and it came basically simultaneously with our entrees! Not good and we said so. And we were wondering how they were able to make entrees so fast -- unless ready to go, reheated?? Back to gumbo ya ya - majority was rice - hard pressed to find meat or okra in there. Waitress very friendly and actually comped the soup due to fact it was served with entree. Entree: presentation really lacking; blackened ahi tuna was good not great; stuffed filet Mignon same - way overpriced and not great; at $37 dollars!! it was small and sorely lacking in presentation and flavor. Not at all worth the crazy price !! Martinis were the best part of the meal. The home-baked muffins good - depending which flavor - molasses, banana, corn good, others flavorless, bland. Finally, a side note, my husband told maitre d' it was our anniversary & no acknowledgment -- not even the words "Happy Anniversary"! Usually a classy & expensive place does something - not expecting but for the fact they have acknowledged in past and it just shows the decline in customer service. Next special celebration in SB -- will definitely choose another restaurant.

3  Thank Jotripplanner
Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

After 15 years in the restaurant industry and this hands down is my favorite! Great; service, atmosphere, drinks and the food is amazing! There was 6 of us and we all teased each other's and everything was fantastic from apps to the desserts. I wish there was one in Colorado where I live! We shoulda took picks of the food, we were too hungry and it was too tasty. Oh and make the reservation and don't be late!!! You'll thank me later ;)

1  Thank Sumixam
Reviewed 26 May 2017

You MUST try the Palace. It is a local favorite. The food, the service, the entertainment is fantastic. You will not regret it. GO, NOW and say hello to Harold for me if the still works.

1  Thank thefrenchpro
Reviewed 22 May 2017

My boyfriend had been to this restaurants years ago, before me, and when we decided to visit Santa Barbara, he said this was a "Must Eat" restaurant. I said, great! What's it called ... he didn't remember. I asked, what kind of food ... he couldn't remember. All he know was it was fantastic and it was across the street from the old Brooks College. So off we drove to find it.

Charming decor, fabulously friendly staff, delicious food and a magician.

It started with a variety of mini muffins and butter. I tried each one and my boyfriend ate the rest. Yes, they were all tasty. We shared a cup of the gumbo and I regretted it ... sharing it that is. :) We both had fish for dinner, Red Fish on special and Salmon, and they were cooked perfectly! I had mine grilled lite with steamed veggies to be healthy, but the veggies were over cooked didn't taste good. My boyfriend got the regular grilled fish and veggies and he ate all of his.

After dinner the magician came over to our table and amazed both of us. He was a friendly and talented magician who entertained us well.

We'll go back!