“Trendy, hip, delicious!”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

A great place to have dinner in sb. Trendy and great food! They even have Portuguese vino verdhe! Don't miss the wings, the ceviche and the steak!!
The beignets desert needed to be more syrupy but still was delish!

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

The best place to eat Indonesian outside of Indonesia is Amsterdam (try Restaurant Blauw), and the mainstay of Indonesian cuisine is what the Dutch call "rijstafel", a selection of dishes ranging from meat and fish to pickles, which you share with a group of other people. Sama Sama adapts the idea of sharing to California nouvelle/health cuisine and offers a selection of dishes based on some of the most popular Indonesian recipes. The salads and the fresh branzino were particularly good. Overall, it was a bit too much on the precious side, and we left with the feeling that we had just witnessed a popular cuisine reinvented as a bit of westcoast lifestyle item.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

We have been customers since they 1st opened but our last couple of visits both the service and the quality of the food has decreased. Actually our last experience was just bad and I doubt we will be back

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is informal, no white tablecloths, and the waiters are dressed casually. The dishes are meant to share, as in a tapas restaurant. The food is interesting but not low-calorie (each dish we had was fried but by the time the foods were at the table I realised they were not "healthy"), and the portions appeared small. The menu available online had only two items that were available at the restaurant on the night we dined. No taco online item was available. We ordered two items that were very similar to each other: sausage-fried rice and fried rice salad. The third dish we ordered was fried fish with veges.

I like the restaurant but I wish they had more healthy choices and less expensive prices.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I try to eat low carb, so I prefer fresh vegetables and meat. This restaurant made eat healthy like heaven. Yes, it's Tapas Style but you might be not willing to share after the first bite.
The steak was cooked so perfectly it kind of melted in the mouth. The papaya salad was going very well with that and the chicken wings were the best I've ever had. So were the brussel sprouts last time I went there.
The staff is nice and attentive and the food is always fresh and tasty and therefore worth every penny. Just try for yourself, you won't be disappointed.
I will be back for more.....