“Lovely lunch on the terrace”
Review of Petros - CLOSED

Petros
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

We were wandering up State Street exploring and noticed this restaurant with some people sitting outside on the terrace eating. Also noticed it is Greek cuisine. Waiter very pleasant. Chicken souvlaki was delicious....I ate every bite. My spouse ordered a lamb and beef short ribs combine, with a Greek name I do not recall, but he found it excellent. And neither was terribly expensive. Excellent lunch!

Reviewed 12 February 2017

We spend about 3 months or more a year in Greece and have for about 12 years. So yes, we have eaten a lot of Greek food. Petros does a great job of mixing Greek cuisine with a California flair. We had three main courses and the table appetizer of skordalia and bread along with Nikos saganaki, all were really good variations on foods we have eaten before. Everyone enjoyed their food and we will return on a less busy night. In any case the the service was great, we didn't allow ourselves enough time but we were in and done in a time that most Greeks would find bizarre. Next time it will be full on night!

Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

I love this restaurant. If you love lamb this is a great place to go. They have many other delicious looking options as well (I just can't stop myself from ordering the lamb). There is nice wine list and for an appetizer I recommend the tray of various dips with pita. Wonderful flavors! The patio is my favorite place to sit with a nice indoor-outdoor feel right on State Street, but inside is very nice as well. Don't go here for a quick meal. The service is more European style with spacing between courses and an unhurried feel. Reminds me of wonderful meals I've had in Greece!

Reviewed 5 January 2017

We went with friends a few days before Christmas, so it wasn't clear to us whether it would be vastly crowded or very empty—it turned out to have an average number of diners, enough for sociability, not so many we couldn't hear each other. We came early, before the bartender arrived, and so the mixed drink Aphrodite wasn't available—after starting with wine, the drink came later, and was comped, "for having to wait." It was very clear they wanted to please. Our group of four had red red snapper, one broiled and one pan sauteed, moussaka, and a big salad. The snapper came with broiled veggies, but the order for the broiled snapper thoughtfully substituted the same veggies, slightly steamed and served in a separate side bowl, for greater variety and without request. The baklava was crisp, soaked in the right amount of honey, and presented as an attractive and unusual roll. It was a wonderful evening.

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

The place looked empty, but I trusted the good reviews and gave it a shot. The owner is a delightful Greek guy, very hospitable. The experience on a weekend felt like lunch on the Mediterranean - slow pace, delicious food, relaxing ambience. The pace of lunch service was a bit slow, but maybe that's the point.

We had chicken souvlaki and a four Greek cheese appetizer. all authentic and delicious. Good cocktail bar and generous pours from a good wine list topped it off. Extra marks for polite, articulate server.