“Charming outdoor garden patio”
Review of Scarlett Begonia

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: State Street
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Really lovely people working here. We were seated immediately and the waitress was very attentive. Almost too attentive. We ordered an iced tea and coffee (although many were drinking mimosas and blood mary's). For brunch we ordered one of their large cinnamon buns to share and asked that it be served before our meals. That didn't happen. The cinnamon bun arrived 10 seconds before our entrees - disappointing. It was very tasty - a soft, tender dough and a perfect amount of cinnamon sugar inside. I had "dirty" fries and a burrata open faced toast, while my daughter ordered a great looking shrimp salad - large grilled shrimp were delicious. Nothing to complain about the food except their timing of it. I never got my iced tea but was billed for it. When told, the waitress immediately took it off and brought me an iced-tea in a to-go cup. Very nice touch. I loved sitting the very private, secluded garden. I would ago again for sure.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

On Labor Day Me and my friend we visited this place.. This place is absolutely stunning. love the ambiance and the location of this restaurant.. To begin with this place is secluded from the bustling streets and it is hidden by few boutiques. This place has a small courtyard you to dine outdoors if you are an outdoor diner. The courtyard its self is very stunning, warm and cozy - perfect for brunch.. If you happen to visit this place I highly recommend you start of with their signature Cinnamon roll with a nice cup of coffee. I kid you not your tastebuds will be upper a feast. Their Cinnamon roll stands out from other cinnamon rolls is because they use Yukon Potato on their Cinnamon Roll which makes the roll soft and moist. I also Loved their Shrimp and Grits - sautéed prawns, two soft poached eggs, andouille sausage, caramelized onions, roasted red pepper the food here is absolutely decedent and mouth watering. Overall great place, great food and great people. I would visit back this place if I happen to stumble upon in Santa Barbara and I also recommend this place to everyone else.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Yes please!
More please!
Went last Wednesday night which is grilled cheese night and boy we're my tastebuds happy. They're making scrumptious gourmet spreads loaded with cheeses, herbs, jams, you name it. And save room for dessert because they have The Best homemade pies in the county. In fact all their desserts are amazing, yes we got them all! Pics to prove our smorgasbord. Go now!

Reviewed 20 June 2017

We had a few places in mind for breakfast on State St (walkable from our hotel) so we decided to stroll by and peek in each one. We kept walking until we got to the last place, Scarlett Begonia. It was a little confusing figuring out which place was it but we were drawn to the open courtyard in the middle (we didn't really look inside so I can't speak for that atmosphere). The hostess out front was so friendly that we couldn't resist sitting down. We loved our choice. Service was friendly and very attentive and the food was great. I ordered the brioche french toast that came with peanut butter marscarpone. It was wonderful with lots of fresh fruit on the plate. Pretty sure my husband had an omelette and I know he enjoyed his too. I could have sat there all day, I didn't want to leave. I would definitely recommend it and will go back if we ever find ourselves in beautiful SB again. If I lived there this would be my place. You should go if for no other reason than the cute name. :)

Reviewed 4 May 2017

I love this restaurant! While the food was good, the best part for me was the location. It is located in a courtyard in the middle of a large block off State Street and Victoria Street. It could be a bit hard to find, but it is worth the search. It is quiet and peaceful inside the courtyard, which is pleasantly landscaped and decorated. A great place for a leisurely breakfast or lunch. Enjoy!