Book In Advance
Tours from Paddle Sports Center tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Paddle Sports Center
Kayak Rental
2 Reviews
from US$ 15.00
from US$ 30.00
from US$ 95.00
More Info
All reviews sea lions kayak tour these guys equipment adventure wildlife guide fraser paddling instructions ocean waves outfit tandem california lesson coastline
Reviewed 1 week ago

We both enjoyed the guided history tour with Adam. He was both knowledgeable, and engaging in his historical review of Santa Barbara harbor. We will definitely return the next time we visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A beautiful evening on the water. The guide was personable and shared tidbits of info about the boats in the harbor and marine life.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I’m a beginner and took a lesson with Adam. Skilled and patient instructor. I’m going back for more.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked this as an outing while visiting Santa Barbara for a weekend. The price was reasonable, too. Paddle Sports can not guarantee the weather and because of the offshore fog, we weren't able to view the sunset. However, the weather was calm and we were able to paddle out through the harbor to a buoy marker, see some high-end boats, and a couple of seals. Very peaceful, relaxing, and doesn't require any previous kayak knowledge. Our Guide was helpful and a good conversationalist. I'm not as young as I used to be and he was able to show me how to get in and out of the kayak from a dock without me falling in. It would have been nice to have more information about the harbor and area; maybe some fun trivia of what's around us, but it was still very fun. My wife and I chose individual kayaks as opposed to a tandem which is what I'd recommend. It was a good time and I'd recommend it if you'd like to view Santa Barbara at night. If you do the sunset trip, you will come back in the dark but they provide individual headlamps. You'll have fun!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The day of our trip the power was out at the time, but Paddle Sport still made our visit successful 1

Reviewed 7 October 2018

Highly recommended. Adam the instructor did a great job of showing us around the harbour and out to the mile marker.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

This is such an awesome option whether you’re a local or a tourist. I used to be a resident and took advantage of their membership as well as their full moon paddles. Now as a visitor, it’s so good to be able to rent a board or kayak and get out on the water. Staff are friendly, fun, and gracious. Prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Staff was extremely helpful. The experience of being out in the ocean on a paddle board was unlike any other. Can't wait to go out again.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

our young guide was very personable and engaging and gave us a great tour. We would be happy to recommend this service.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Everyone was so helpful and very knowledgeable about the activity. Would do it again in a heartbeat and highly recommend Paddle Sports Center.