“Acai Bowls!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 24 July 2017

Whenever we are in Santa Barbara this is a favorite breakfast place. The island bowl is my favorite bowl with the coconut on top. Servings are huge and a small is plenty for one. I only wish we had one in my hometown.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We get acai bowls wherever we go. Got hooked on them in Hawaii, and we make them at home. Backyard Bowls was started by two friends who wanted to create the best acai bowls, and they have done that!! Some of the best we've ever had. Thank you, and we can't wait to come back to SB and have them again!!

Reviewed 26 April 2017

We called by here for a healthy breakfast.
The bowls are made to order with really fresh fruit. A really tasty and healthy breakfast. The place was very busy so you can expect to have to wait a while, but well worth it.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

I love this place. All healthy stuff and made to order.

As has been mentioned on other reviews, it's a bit surfer dude / hippy but / trendy tattoos but, you are in California after all!!

Even as a hard nosed Londoner, I thought this place was great. After finding this, it has become our default breakfast spot en route to the beach.

The hardest thing is actually choosing just one item from a very appealing list on the menu.

Judging by the local clientele here, seems like this place is on to something.

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

Hippies have difficulty cleaning anything. So don't expect a clean environment here. My nose started running and I was sneezing - while sitting in their semi-outdoor patio. I wondered if my spoon was washed? The food itself is doused in honey or agave. The Acai itself isn't too sweet, thank goodness. I'm happy to have experienced a laid back place but for $20, the coffee shop next door might have been more rewarding.